Too many memory leaks - limit of 100000

Too many memory leaks - limit of 100000

I'm working with a large application that has a very large dataset, and I'm trying to profile it in transaction mode.When I start the transaction at the correct point, I'm told that there is already too many memory leaks.Is there some way to work around this limit?

8 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

You may be able to use
something like:

inspxe-cl -collect mi1
-module-filter-mode=include -module-filter=foo.exe -- foo.exe

However, there is an open
enhancement request DPD200178667 for functionality to override the warning. For the benefit of the thread, the warning displayed
at the command line is similar to Warning: Too many memory leaks. Cannot
report more than 100000. Suggestion: use the appropriate deallocator to
deallocate memory when no longer needed.
One reason a limit may have been set is the potential cost of processing
unlimited memory leaks. Ill attach this
thread to the enhancement.

- Rob

Hello Rob,

I have a couple of questions in the course of this topic.

Could you tell me:
Would be useful to use of suppression file to work around this limit?
And was whether anything decided due to the specified by you enhansment request?

Thank you.

 -Eugene 

 

Eugene,

I don't think a suppression file is useful here. The enhancement was done and is available in recent Intel(R) Inspector XE 2013 releases - try update 4. The limit of 100000 was removed.

(: It seems this forum alive! :)

Kirill,
Thank you very much for your answer!

May I ask you a bit more questions?
Could you tell me, if I already bought 2011 Intel Insp. XE is it possible in this case to upgrade to the new version for free?

Thank you! and Live in prosper! \V/

Quote:

Kirill Rogozhin (Intel) wrote:

Eugene,

I don't think a suppression file is useful here. The enhancement was done and is available in recent Intel(R) Inspector XE 2013 releases - try update 4. The limit of 100000 was removed.

Hi Kirill. Just installed Inspector XE 2013, update 5. Works much more stable than 2011 and apparently faster. But still, 100000 limitation exists and Inspector reports different problems (of total number between 100 and 200) from time to time on the same run. Very inconvenient.

 

The original question in the thread was about the leak limit during transactions.  That limit has been lifted completely.   The leak limit for normal analysis is now adjustable, but still defaults to 100000.   The limit can be raised by creating a custom analysis type (use the 'Copy' button on the right side of the analysis type pane), and adjusting the 'Maximum memory leaks' box.    If you're using the command line, the custom analysis type still needs to be created in the GUI, but after than it can be used from the command line.

Quote:

mark-dewing (Intel) wrote:

The original question in the thread was about the leak limit during transactions.  That limit has been lifted completely.   The leak limit for normal analysis is now adjustable, but still defaults to 100000.   The limit can be raised by creating a custom analysis type (use the 'Copy' button on the right side of the analysis type pane), and adjusting the 'Maximum memory leaks' box.    If you're using the command line, the custom analysis type still needs to be created in the GUI, but after than it can be used from the command line.

 

Thank you, Mark.

This helped. Alex.

Quote:

mark-dewing (Intel) wrote:

The original question in the thread was about the leak limit during transactions.  That limit has been lifted completely.   The leak limit for normal analysis is now adjustable, but still defaults to 100000.   The limit can be raised by creating a custom analysis type (use the 'Copy' button on the right side of the analysis type pane), and adjusting the 'Maximum memory leaks' box.    If you're using the command line, the custom analysis type still needs to be created in the GUI, but after than it can be used from the command line.

 

Thank you, Mark.

This helped. Alex.

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!