Having trouble to sync Havok over network

Having trouble to sync Havok over network

HiI have a quite big issue. I'm trying to figure out how to syncronice Havok over network. I've read a lot onhttp://gafferongames.com/game-physics/networked-physics/about this and one thing that feels like the biggest issue is when we get the data (currently we don't know what data) from the server. What are we going to do with it? I searched around and found some documentation from 2001 suggesting to use "attemptMoveTo" or "interpolatingMoveTo" but these functions does not seems to be used anymore. And setPosition is a last option.We are using a Peer-to-Peer solution.So my questions are:What data should we send over the network for the objects? (position, states, velocity, force ect.)?What should we do with it when recieveing it? Applying a force to the object untill it reaches it destination would look silly. What technique would look good?Thanks in advance

2 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Sending over position+rotation and velocity is a common approach. What exactly you do with that is a big question.For the Havok-specific part here I would recommend usinghkpKeyFrameUtility::applyHardKeyFrame to move your objects to the desired location. Using RB::setPosition() directly on a body is not advisable. On top of that you may want to apply a spline to the points on your path to smooth your object movements.Cheers,Tyler

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!