any process limits: time? disk space? memory?

any process limits: time? disk space? memory?

Hello all,I can launch my program in batch, using qsub and a small instance terminates fine and gives good results.When I scale up my problem, and it takes longer than about 5 minutes, it seems to end at about that time.I hope there is no time limit right?Another minor problem also occured once, when I got/var/spool/PBS/mom_priv/jobs/12681.acaad01.SC: line 5: 31151 Bus error /home/sels/projects/KUL/RhinoCeros/retime/Debug/retime 0[sels@acano01 Debug]$while writing a few files of between 10 and 100 MBytes.Would that be a problem?http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=83486&o=a&s=lr(I disabled these file writes and could then go on.)How can one see and debug what happened/went wrong on a batch computer?eg: out of memory/disk full/dmesg/....How much memory do the batch computers have?cheers,Peter

2 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

The default batch walltime limit is set to 10 minutes, see the Getting Started Guide on how to extend this "Walltime"

Writing large data files (many MBs)should not be a problem.

The physical memory size on the batch computers is 64GB whereas the login node it's 256GB

To debug a completed batch run (whether it completed sucessfully or failed), use:

$tracejob

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!