Compiling the Linux Kernel with ICC 11.1.xxx or 12.0

Compiling the Linux Kernel with ICC 11.1.xxx or 12.0

I was reading the article "Compiling the Linux Kernel with Intel C++ Compiler 12" and I saw the following line.

The issue comes from the inline assember not being supported.

"With a small wrapper script and a limited number of temporary source patches, weve successfully compiled Linux kernels 2.4.21, 2.6.9, 2.6.18 and 2.6.32 with the Intel C++ Compilers on IA-32, Intel 64 and IA-64."

I have some questions

1) Did you actually get the kernel running on IA-64?
2) If so what versions and can you post the temporary source patches you used to get it to compile?

I would really like to stop the floating point traps in the kernel and the audio cutting out randomly on my zx6000 and rx5670. I remember getting icc compiling linux 2.6.27 but I can't remember how I did it and in my stupidity I deleted the .deb file I created.

Thank you in advance

2 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Hi there,

The description in the article is not precise. I've successfully compiled Linux kernel 2.4.21 and 2.6.9 with iccon IA-64 a few years ago. I didn't put a lot of efforts since that. On the other hand, I've compiled 2.4.21, 2.6.9, 2.6.18 and 2.6.32 with icc on IA-32 and Intel 64 respectively. The Linux kernels can run. Were you looking for solutions for runtime errors you observed? If yes, I don't have advice for you right now. But I can help review your tempary source patches.

Thanks,
Feilong

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!