Using EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology), can I change the frequency of each CPU core individually on multi-core Intel processors?

Using EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology), can I change the frequency of each CPU core individually on multi-core Intel processors?

Hi, I'm looking for a multi-core Intel processor which supports frequency scaling of each CPU core individually.
I found thatthe EIST(Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology) supports frequency scaling of the CPU dynamically, but is it also possible to scale the frequency of each CPU core dynamically on multi-core Intel processors (e.g., Xeon, core2-quad, i7)?

So, my question is,
1. Is there any processor model that supports per-core frequency scaling (DVFS) among Intel's multi-core processors?
2. If there exists, Is the latest Linux kernel implements per-core frequency scaling through ACPI-competable device drivers (e.g., cpufreq-acpi)?

Any answer will be appreciated.
Thanks.

2 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Lester Memmott (Intel)

I'm not aware of any CPU's where the frequency of each core can be managed independently.

Faça login para deixar um comentário.