University Survey: Multi-Cores Training Modules Adoptability for University Curriculum -Part 2

University Survey: Multi-Cores Training Modules Adoptability for University Curriculum -Part 2

This is the second part of the survey report. You can find the first part here

1. What was of most Values to You?

What was of most values to you?

Vote

%

Tools (Threading analysis, parallel and Multi-core programming, vtune, )

38%

labs

26%

Course Contents

15%

All

21%

2. If you will utilize the training content in your curriculum development, what percentage of the knowledge presented in this training will be used in your curriculum?

What percentage of the knowledge presented in this training will be used in your curriculum?

0%

25%

50%

75%

100%

Vote (total 46)

%

0%

13%

22%

37%

28%

3. Do you get from the course material the information you need to teach the material?

Do you get from the course material the information you need to teach the material?

Very Valuable

Yes

Somewhat

No

Vote (total 47)

%

17%

72%

10%

0%

4. Looking at the materials that were presented to you, can you please specify the critical class lecture that is missing?

Vote

%

No, course materials are complete

Materials are complete and very valuable

47%

Yes, Some parts are missing

Nothing for Linux: Creation of makefile for different types of threaded application; Include more topic linked to Linux Threads; Except for the makefile for command line Intel compiler.

13%

Contents: Parallel Programming Theory (1); missing comparative graphs with CPU's Architecture and MPI model (1); More introduction on Memory sharing and stack.(1);Programs provide info to analyze ;and debug(1);Cover more development process of parallel apps as a whole(1);

10%

Labs : Multicore tools(1);Example of "real-life "application/opportunity (1); Intel Process communication issues (1); Putting more screens and expand the explanation of lab practices (1)

8%

Lecture Notes+Materails: Establish the glossary of syntax commands used in labs and examples(1);Materials in local language ( Spanish)(3); Need to include contents in slide into manual(1); Materials format is not suitable for class. Content on slides change to course textbook. With Title, Index, chapter, Appendix and Reference (3);

19%

Others; materials are not enough that student can develop their own project(1);

5. Are you aware of the classroom tools license program? Are tools important to your teaching?

Vote

%

Yes, I use tools license

Yes, the classroom works for me

70%

Somewhat,

Yes, I am aware. But not enough, It is very critical to have license solution when adding multi-core contents into our curriculum ; so the tools should be available when developing and starting the course

13%

No, in a developing country like Mexico, we are not aware of this

6%

Classroom license is not enough. It is important to consider to offer department or campus license or agreement for Intel tools

6%

I am very interested in Intel tools for Linux. Better with tools and license that made for academia

4%

6. Are you teaching any of the Intel multicore class material to your undergraduate students?

Vote

%

Yes (34)

Operating Systems

21%

Computer Architecture

17%

Advanced Programming and Parallel Programming

15%

In Workshop and seminar and Selective Topics

11%

Computational tools (Intel Vtune etc)

4%

System Programming

2%

The Basic Concept of Programming

2%

No (13)

Not teaching yet

28%

7. If you are teaching, did you modify it to incorporate it in this/these classes?

Vote

% (from total of 47)

Yes (11)

Put more architecture (how to take advantage of architecture in order to reach high performance, ie; Cache use, introspection using profiling registers, etc.

23%

added session to introduce thread for Linux

Add more for thread programming concurrency

Added more labs practice

I modified it to include it into our university program curriculum

I modified our curriculum after this class to make the mapping and variation between Academia and Industries adequate

No (23)

I use Intel Materials as is

49%

8. If you are not teaching, what modifications did you find necessary to make the material useful?

Yes

Vote

%

Labs

Makefiles so materials are not OS specific

Make more examples and labs

More labs to show the speedup reached when more cores are used

Put more emphasis in lab activities with Linux

More detailed example- labs- alignment with curricula

Content

This course is still not in our curriculum for graduate and undergraduate

Add user reference for instructions of TP and TP about learning programming using thread in parallel, not tied to specific program

Incorporate the topic of parallel architecture into several courses

Want to see the curriculum be updated on a continues basis

Include slides in real applications and databases development

Convert contents of slides in to course manuals with Title, chapter, Index, Appendix and Reference

1 post / novo 0
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.