When multi-core meets embedded

When multi-core meets embedded

In my past oppinion, hardware and software for embedded world are something tiny, customized and stable oriented. I could hardly imagine the "big" multi-Core can fit into the embedded field. However, I was educated when I attended an internal technical conference, where I heard quite some applications for multi-core platforms for embedded situation.

Through virtulization, the multi-core platform provide efficient solution to handheld, base station and RCC devices for mobile telecommunication systems. By platform partitioning, the multi-core platform provide more secured solution for those devices where user applications and administration programs can run simultaneously on one platform without modification of the original code.

Change has come. What further output can you imagine with the marriage of multi-core and embedded?

2 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Quoting - Hua You (Intel)

In my past oppinion, hardware and software for embedded world are something tiny, customized and stable oriented. I could hardly imagine the "big" multi-Core can fit into the embedded field. However, I was educated when I attended an internal technical conference, where I heard quite some applications for multi-core platforms for embedded situation.

Through virtulization, the multi-core platform provide efficient solution to handheld, base station and RCC devices for mobile telecommunication systems. By platform partitioning, the multi-core platform provide more secured solution for those devices where user applications and administration programs can run simultaneously on one platform without modification of the original code.

Change has come. What further output can you imagine with the marriage of multi-core and embedded?

There is more and more interest on this topic, as multiple cores find their way into embedded processor designs. In fact, there is an entire book focused on the topic: Software Development for Embedded Multi-core Systems: A Practical Guide Using Embedded Intel Architecture, by Intel's Max Domeika.

One aspect of parallel programming which has not, traditionally, received much attention, will now become quite important in the embedded world: power consumption. Instead of measuring parallel efficiency by a simple speedupnumber (how much faster compared to the single-core version),we must now consider energy use as a component of efficiency. Thoughts?

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!