Customizing Array Visualizer

Customizing Array Visualizer

imagem de davenport-nswcpc

I've just started using Intel Fortran 10.1, installed Array Visualizer.They seem to be working fine, butI'm having trouble getting the Array Visualizer to display some array data the way I need it.

I run the debugger and have it set to stop at some points to look at a couple of 2-D arrays. What I need is for Array Visualizer to graph the 2-D array on an XYPlot where the rows of the array are all graphed as lines. This was the default view I got from Compaq Array Visualizer.

But the Default view in the Visualizer for 2-D arrays is an image, which is not helpful at all.

So, I get into the viewer nad figure out how to make a graph that displays the data the way I want. The manuals were only marginally helpful in figuring this out. There is much too much 'fill in the dialog box' and not enough about why you would want sections from a dataset, which is what I had to figure you to make my graph.

The problem is that after I have a graph in the viewerthat displays the data from the debugger the way I want and:

(1). I can't display it on the Visualizer. The only two view options are the image and 3-D default views.

(2). I can't even save it from viewer - it gives me a 'Fata Error, cant's ave file' message if I so try to save it.

How do I customize the Visualizer to display the 2-D data on X-Y plots so I don't have to define a graph every time start up the debugger?

Anne D.

ardavenport - NSWC-PCD
2 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de jimdempseyatthecove
Quoting - davenport-nswcpc

I've just started using Intel Fortran 10.1, installed Array Visualizer.They seem to be working fine, butI'm having trouble getting the Array Visualizer to display some array data the way I need it.

I run the debugger and have it set to stop at some points to look at a couple of 2-D arrays. What I need is for Array Visualizer to graph the 2-D array on an XYPlot where the rows of the array are all graphed as lines. This was the default view I got from Compaq Array Visualizer.

But the Default view in the Visualizer for 2-D arrays is an image, which is not helpful at all.

So, I get into the viewer nad figure out how to make a graph that displays the data the way I want. The manuals were only marginally helpful in figuring this out. There is much too much 'fill in the dialog box' and not enough about why you would want sections from a dataset, which is what I had to figure you to make my graph.

The problem is that after I have a graph in the viewerthat displays the data from the debugger the way I want and:

(1). I can't display it on the Visualizer. The only two view options are the image and 3-D default views.

(2). I can't even save it from viewer - it gives me a 'Fata Error, cant's ave file' message if I so try to save it.

How do I customize the Visualizer to display the 2-D data on X-Y plots so I don't have to define a graph every time start up the debugger?

Anne D.

Anne,

I would suggest you invest a little time to learn the programming API and add the code to make the 2D presentation. Look at the Sin2D example. The programming API is hard to learn the ins and outs due to documentation issues, but the sample programs work and if you start there and tweak them to use your data sets then you will be a long ways towards what you want.

Jim Dempsey

www.quickthreadprogramming.com

Faça login para deixar um comentário.