emulator?

emulator?

Hi, I'm curious if there is any emulator inside the MCA SDK?

15 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Hi madxm,

Can you be more specific? I am not sure what you are asking.

Thanks,

Steve

i tried to create a small application to test out the built-in camera in C5, but currently i don't have the C5 with me. so i'm wondering is there an emulator where i can test the built-in camera??

Hi madxm,

Yes, we have several demo and sample programs you can test with. They are part of the MCA SDK software that you can download. Please note that you should not install the MCA SDK software onto the Motion C5. The MCA SDK software should be installed on a separate development workstation. This is because the MCA SDK uses loopback interfaces for the barcode and RFID reader instead of the physical interfaces that are actually installed on the C5.

Once you have the MCA SDK software installed on another system, you can then copy over any of the demo applications from the MCA SDK and run them on the Motion C5. For example, a demo application called camerademo could be used to verify the camera is working as expected.

Finally, be care to use the same version of the MCA SDK as the MCA platform driver that you have installed on the Motion C5. For example, if you have MCA platform driver v1.0 on your Motion C5, you should use the sample applications from the MCA SDK v1.0. If you have v1.11 of the MCA platform driver on your C5, then use the MCA SDK v1.11 MCA SDK demo programs.

You can download the MCA SDK at this URL:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filter_Results.aspx?strOSs=All&strTypes=All&ProductID=2854&lang=eng&OSFullName=All%20Operating%20Systems

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I created a small C# program for the C5 built-in camera to capture images.
Is there any device emulator that I can use just for the purpose of testing my code?

I have downloaded the SDKin my PC development and I do not have the C5 tablet pc.

Thanks,
WendyK

Hi WendyK,

The MCA SDK provides emulation for MCA Platform Driver that would be installed on MCA hardware such as a Motion C5. So to that extent, the MCA SDK is the emulator because it provides the device-class peripheral plug-ins and button controls for software development. Once you have written you application, you can test it on the MCA SDK software. If it works there, then you know you application will work on an MCA hardware platform such as the Motion C5.

So to your question, you can test your application with the MCA SDK and it will emulate the hardwaresoftware to verify your application is working. If it does not work on the MCA SDK, then it will not work on an MCA hardware platform like the Motion C5. To specifically test the image capture function, you need to have a video camera on the system you install the MCA SDK on.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for yourclear explanation.
May I know what MCA SDK software refers to?

Also, there isa small blue icon on the right bottom of my screen that says "Intel MCA Application"when I run my mouse over it.
Is it telling us that the Intel MCA SDK is actually running?

Thanks,
WendyK

Hi WendyK,

MCA = Mobile Clinical Assistant

SDK = Software Development Kit

The icon you refer to is called the Intel MCA SDK Tooltray. This is an indication that the the MCA software is installed and running on your system.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your explanation.

Regarding the testing of our own application, you mention that we can test it on the MCA SDK software. What is the software that you're referring to? Because inside the SDK, I noticed that there are demo files and some other files that are about the library or the API of the C5 function. So I was wondering how can we test out our own application using the MCA SDK.

Hi madxm,

The MCA SDK as a whole is used for development and testing. For example, if your application using a barcode reader, the MCA SDK will emulate a barcode scanner using a loopback interface so you can verify if your application is making calls to the barcode scanner correctly. Same for the RFID reader. The MCA SDK software will emulate an RFID reader using a loopback interface so you can verify your application is making the right calls. Once you have developed and tested your application on the MCA SDK, you should be able to move it over to actual MCA hardware such as the Motion C5 with the knowledge that it will work on the C5 correctly because you have tested it previously with the MCA SDK.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the information provided.

Thanks,

madxm

Hi Steve,

Does the MCA SDK provide a way to control the motion of network camera (PTZ) from the C5?

Thanks,
WendyK

Hi WendyK,

No, PTZ is not supported with the camera on the Motion C5. Below are the supported parameters for the C5 camera. When the MCA software is loaded it requests the supported parameters from the device driver and then adds the line to the MCA config file (IntelHealthcare.cfg). So you can always determine what configuration options are supported by looking at the MCA configuration file on the MCA hardware.

ImageX = 1280
ImageY = 960
VideoX = 640
VideoY = 480
FramesPerSec = 30.0
PreviewTimeAfterPicMS = 500
PreviewTimeoutMS = 15000
WindowTop = 10
WindowLeft = 10
WindowWidth = 640
WindowHeight = 480

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm actually referring to external network camera, not the built-in camera.
I want to be able to view and control the external network camera from the C5.

Is that possible?

Thanks,
WendyK

Hi WendyK,

I am not going to be able to offer much support on that. Using a network camera is not something we have tested with or support. You may have to experiment on your own, or maybe some of the other developers on the forum will have some input.

Thanks,

Steve

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!