Camera StartPreview Method -

Camera StartPreview Method -

Greetings all -

I have been successful with the MCA SDK in the sense that I'm using a panel control on a windows form to display the camera preview by passing the panel's handle to the StartPreview method of the Camera object.

I have one question tho about refreshing the preview window. It seems that in my app (and the example applications included with the SDK) that the panel showing the previewed image remains static until the window containing the preview panel is moved or resized, or otherwise has to redraw itself.

I've tried several different methods to force my preview panel to refresh/redraw itself, but the image shown never updates unless I actually move or resize the window that contains the panel.

On the C5 tablet itself, the preview window that pops up by pressing the hardware button on the tablet constantly redraws itself, so you essentially get a real-time "video" of what the camera is seeing. I would like to implement this same kind of behavior in my application, but as of yet have not been successful in getting my preview panel to update.

Is there a way to force the panel holding the preview image to update?

Thanks -

Sean...

6 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Hi Sean,

I am consulting with our developers on this. I'll respond shortly.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Sean,

BTW, what camera are you testing with?

Thanks,

Steve

Hey Steve - thanks for the reply. I'm currently testing with a Phillips SPC 200NC usb web-cam.

Hey Steve - apparently this issue only pertains to the particular web cam I'm using, or the SDK itself .. I got my application compiled and loaded on the tablet for the first time today, and using the camera hardware built into the tablet, the panel in my application that's used for the preview updates itself just fine...exactly like I want it to.

Thanks for the help!!

Sean..

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the update. We were speculating that it was a camera issue as well and were in the process of trying to locate the one that you have. It sounds like you confirmed our suspicion.

Thanks,

Steve

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!