Intel Array Visualizer

Intel Array Visualizer

imagem de gfthomas8

The Intel Array Visualizer's object model differs appreciably from Compaq's. It comes with only one sample which doesn't do justice to the full capabilities of the OCX. Any chance that we could have more samples? The Help is somewhat cryptic and the OLE viewer doesn't shed much light on the matter. It's not as intuitive as the Compaq OCX.

Thanks,
Gerry T.

3 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Community Admin

Yes, the Intel Array Visualizer object mode is very different than the Compaq product. The Compaq Avis2D ocx has a flat organization: >100 properties and methods and no contained objects. By contrast the Intel AvGLGraph organizes the graph state into collections of objects. For example, the state related to the virtual viewpoint is contained in the Camera object. So setting up the camera position would look like this:

graph.Camera.Viewpoint(Avis.Objmod.AvCoord.AV_XCOORD) = 1.5
graph.Camera.Viewpoint(Avis.Objmod.AvCoord.AV_YCOORD) = 1.9
graph.Camera.Viewpoint(Avis.Objmod.AvCoord.AV_ZCOORD) = 0.6

To me the Intel interface seems much easier to work with since related properties are grouped together. Also, it makes it easier to support collections of objects. E.g. a graph that contains 4 XYPlots.
A good place to get started with the new object model is the object model diagram in the documentation.

We'll try to add more samples in the next release. Anything in particular that you are looking for? Since the number of languages that can be used with the Intel OCX has increased (VB6, VB.Net, C#, C++) creating a new sample in each language is a lot of work. The only feasible thing to do might be for new samples to be implemented in one language (C#?) and leave conversion to other languages as an execise to the reader.

Another way to see how the AvGLGraph control works is to look at the data files that ship with the product. If you save the file to XML, you can then open the XML file in IE and inspect all the property settings that make up each graph.

John

imagem de gfthomas8

Thanks John. I'm sure I'll like the IAV when I get the hang of it.

As for samples, a comprehensive demo in any of the .NET languages would be welcome so long as it exercises as many of IAV's features as is reasonable.

Your suggestion that one look at the xml to get a head up on IAV is a good one that hadn't occured me and which I'll now persue.

Ciao,
Gerry T.

Faça login para deixar um comentário.