i recently ugraded from v5.0 to v7.0 and get this
link error:

unresolved external symbol __VEC_memzero

any idea why?

thanks!

Bill

6 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Tim Prince

Are you linking with the same options you used for compile? Options such as /QaxW may invoke additional library calls, which won't be satisfied unless the same option is used for linking.

imagem de GaneshRao (Intel)

Tim is right. This function should be defined in libirc which should be automatically called by the driver when you throw -QaxW (or -axW).

Does this help?
Ganesh

imagem de bferster

i did not add any new option. i use -O2

bill

imagem de GaneshRao (Intel)

Bill - I am suprised you are pulling in vectorizer functions when you just use O2.
Could you kindly doublecheck the log files as well?

Is there a chance you could log a testcase at premier.intel.com so the support engineers can triage this issue more methodically?

Thanks,
Ganesh

imagem de Zia Ansari (Intel)

If you're using profile guided feedback, you might get this error if you're trying to link with older (5.0) compiler libraries.

One thing to check is to make sure that your libirc.lib is new (i.e. NOT 5.0's). __VEC_memzero exists only in the newer libs, and not the older ones. You can check your libirc by doing "nm libirc.lib | grep memzero" to see if it's defined there.

Hope this helps.

Zia Ansari
IA32 Intel Compiler Code Generator

Faça login para deixar um comentário.