MSI Upload -> Filename Issue?

MSI Upload -> Filename Issue?

When we re-upload an MSI file in the Dashboard after a validation failure, the file is accepted with the same filename. However, it appears at times that the original file was not overwritten, as the tester reports the same error form the application. Is this a problem with the upload functionality in the dashboard, or should I just rename each subsequent MSI?
8 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

>> this a problem with the upload functionality in the dashboard

i think this is a problem with the upload functionality - i ran int the same issue with a rpm/deb upload.

>> should I just rename each subsequent MSI

until there is confirmation of a fix; this is probably the most recommended thing to do - if the servers are hosted on multiple machines; there could be a caching issue (based on filename, not an md5 of the file); could be an easy fix on intel's side. but right now; just rename each file :)

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP
http://www.mobile1up.com/

Thanks, I will go with that policy for the time being.

Hello All,

I get this checked, thanks for reporting !

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program

Hello Aaron & Brian,

could you test this issue again and plz post here the full filenames where the upload failed ?
That way we can check the logs and get more details. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Andre,

I have never received an error, rather I have had applications fail testing multiple times with the same error I had known to be fixed. It was not until I renamed the MSI installer that testing saw the correction, leading me to believe that repeated ulpoad with the same MSI file name were not truly overwriting the old file. I will test this out as soon as I have another MSI to upload. Thank you for the follow-up.

Hello All,

there is currently a bug in the backend system where new versions are uploaded and stored but not seen by the Validation Team.
While we work on a fix with highest priority please report via the Support Ticket (http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/contact) every application/component which in your opinion has failed validation even as you uploaded an updated version.

We will assign the updated version of your files manually for every reported case.
Please note that this situation doesn't affect all users but a part of them.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Thanks Andre, that's an excellent solution in the interim.

Faça login para deixar um comentário.