Adobe Air and html5/ajax apps

Adobe Air and html5/ajax apps

imagem de qslnetworks
In the pages I have read so far. They only talk about application that are developed in Flex. I am currently working on Adobe Air Apps that use html5 and ajax. I am developing them using Dreamweaver. Will application be rejected because the html5/ajax apps or will they be treated as just another Adobe Air App?
20 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de yosun

I've the same question - more specific list of things supported/not supported.

For example, AIR for Android only supports Flash CS5 Air and not Flash Builder/Flex

imagem de BrianDevArch

This answer may begin to answer you question:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/comment/reply/1723/4730

imagem de praveen kundurthy

Hi qslnetworks,

Currently We only support Flex Buildwer 3(Flex SDk 3.5a) and Flash Builder 4(flex SDK 4.1) .
You need to integrate the AIR apps with the Melrose AIR SDK .
You can download the AIR SDK from the below location
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/adobe-air-sdk
There is supported sample code and supporting documentation once you download the melrose SDK

Air apps Needs to be digitally signed by certificate authority

Coming to HTML5/AJAX
If the Air app is built using the Dreamweaver, we cannot integrate with the Melrose SDK
But the good news is you can still call Javascript/HTML/AJAX using Action Script from the Flex Builder and the Flex SDK as Adobe AIR 2.0 runtime supports HTML5
Please mail me back if you need further clarifications

praveen

imagem de praveen-kundurthy (Intel)

Hi qslnetworks,

Currently We only support Flex Buildwer 3(Flex SDk 3.5a) and Flash Builder 4(flex SDK 4.1) .
You need to integrate the AIR apps with the Melrose AIR SDK .
You can download the AIR SDK from the below location
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/adobe-air-sdk
There is supported sample code and supporting documentation once you download the melrose SDK

Air apps Needs to be digitally signed by certificate authority

Coming to HTML5/AJAX
If the Air app is built using the Dreamweaver, we cannot integrate with the Melrose SDK
But the good news is you can still call Javascript/HTML/AJAX using Action Script from the Flex Builder and the Flex SDK as Adobe AIR 2.0 runtime supports HTML5
Please mail me back if you need further clarifications

praveen

imagem de qslnetworks

So Melrose can not run air apps writting just in javascript? I thought air was suppose take care of all of that. So if you had a valid air package it run on any air "client". If I am understanding this correctly, I think it stinks that I have purchase plugin to eclipse (which eclipse is free), to comply with something which should already work with what I have.

imagem de Kallin

Has anyone actually tried using an ajax/html based AIR app? It seems to me that if you're creating an AIR app that is compatible with a given AIR player it shouldn't matter..

Hi qslnetworks,
Melrose is a SDK that needs to be integrated with AIR apps and AIR by default doesn't come with melrose SDK..
This can be integrated using the Flex builder 3 and Flash builder 4.
How ever FB3 and FB4 using Flex SDK 3.5a and 4.1 respectively can use built in Java script code and HTML.( I guess you are using dreamweaver currently to call Javascript code/HTML)
Hope this clarifies.
Thanks,
Praveen

Hi Kallin,
Thats exactly true. If you just create a "mx: HTML location = "myJavascriptHTML.html"" thats exactly an Air app built using Ajax provided the
myJavascriptHTML.html got built in javascript/AJAX code.

imagem de qslnetworks

ok I got that working but now I am having getting it to obey window resizing and moving.

window.resizeTo(screen.width - 50,50);
window.moveTo(25, screen.height - 50);

Any thoughts.

imagem de qslnetworks

and my other problem my css is not working

Hi qslnetworks:
Can you try changing to width = 100% and height = 100% (try changing from 400 to 800 if 100% doesn't solve your purpose) in your MXML file and see if that fixes your resizing.
And if I undertand correctly if you are trying to set the X and Y components of your application so that the AIR app will be in the position you want
Can you try changing the X and Y co-ordinates in the application descriptor file.
!-- The window's initial width. Optional. --
!-- "width width" --

!-- The window's initial height. Optional. --
!-- "height height" --

!-- The window's initial x position. Optional. --
!-- x x --

!-- The window's initial y position. Optional. --
!-- y y --

Sorry I ended up removing the XML syntax

Hope this helps you. Please mail me back if you need further clarification

imagem de qslnetworks

Success....There are a few thing I need to iron but it is working. Thanks for the help. I am still very disappointed I have to pay for another piece of software to do this.

imagem de waadullah

function AddText(){

var sentence=document.form1.sentence.value;
var node=document.createTextNode(" " + sentence );
document.getElementById("P1");appendChild(node);

}

P1{text-family:impact;text-style:bold;color:red}

www.sulemanwaadullah.com

imagem de waadullah

function AddText(){

var sentence=document.form1.sentence.value;
var node=document.createTextNode(" " + sentence );
document.getElementById("P1");appendChild(node);

}

P1{text-family:impact;text-style:bold;color:red}

www.sulemanwaadullah.com

imagem de waadullah

hi friends i just trying to teach my self ajax including html dhtml javascript

imagem de BrianDevArch

@waadullah,

By far my favorite resource for JavaScript reference: http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

imagem de DG Rooven (Intel)

Hi,

Thank you for your query.

As far as I am aware, we accept only applications that are have been developed in Flex.
I will need to check with the concerned team whether html5/ajax will be supported.
I will get back to you when I get a response.

Regards
Rooven

Intel Technical Support
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven
imagem de BrianDevArch

Good morning.

When you refer to html5/ajax are you looking to leverage Web Storage? There are several web kits that may suite your needs.

imagem de qslnetworks

No I am writing complete html5/ajax applications and the using adobe air to encapsulate them. Which air supports full html5/ajax. It even has it own built-in javascript library. I do a lot of cross platform development, but I have found html5 is really good in this respect. So I can write an app for iphone retool it for desktop by converting to Adobe Air and then create an online version then bring it back to the desktop with Mozilla Prism. I am getting away from my question. I would be really nice if you guys could clarify this ASAP.

Faça login para deixar um comentário.