Application rejected: Application does not download or install from AppUp.

Application rejected: Application does not download or install from AppUp.

imagem de Andreas Breitschopp
Hello, my second application was rejected now with this message: ---- Application does not download or install from AppUp. The app installs and launches natively but not from within AppUp. The most common issue observed in this area has to do with properly advertised shortcuts within the .msi . Please see packaging requirements located here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/packaging-requirements and troubleshooting tips located here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/troubleshooting-validation-failures and confirm that your .msi meets the requirements. Please also see the article on beta testing: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/beta-testing and beta test your application using AppUp prior to resubmission. Thank you! ---- I've checked again the MSI setting with this Orca tool mentioned, but I cannot find any problems. Is there a way to get some more details about the problem - this default message is not very helpful? I can't understand the problem at all, because my first application (also .NET) that has been published already was packaged in exactly the same way with the Visual Studio Setup tool. Thanks for any ideas Andreas
14 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Hello,

I wanted to upload some screenshots of Orca - maybe someone could help -, but when trying to upload a file to my thread here, I only get this very helpful error message:
"The selected file IntelAtom.zip. could not be uploaded. Only files with the following extensions are allowed: *."

Best regards
Andreas

imagem de BrianDevArch

Andreas,

Please submit a support ticket with that error, I observed that just now as well. In the meantime you can use this site to upload images, it provides easy to use HTML to paste into your message:

http://imageshack.us/

I am happy to help. Have you beta tested this particular MSI from a clean OS install? 9 times out of 10, beta testing exposes these issues and makes it easy to pin down the issue.

Hello Brian,

good idea, I've uploaded the screenshots here:
http://yfrog.com/mrintelatomorca1px

I did not do a real betatesting, because validation of my first App worked without any problems and all my tests (like connection to the Software Debugger) worked correctly, too.

But I will try to betatest now.

Best regards
Andreas

Hello Brian again,

now I tried to do a betatest:
- created a new AppUp account (e-mail: a-breitschopp@ab-tools.com).
- installed AppUp on a clean Windows 7 (32 bit).
- send an invitation to this new AppUp account.
- tried to login in the AppUp application on the clean system into that account:
=> I received this error message when trying to login:
"We could not complete your request. An internal failure was detected. Please try this operation again later. Error Code: -13"

I remember that I tried to login into this account also some days ago with the same error message. The password is correct, because I requested a new one to be sure.

What am I doing wrong here?

Best regards
Andreas

imagem de BrianDevArch

Andreas,

The most common cause of an error with the AppUp client for us developers, is having the AppUp SDK installed on the same computer. The AppUp SDK and AppUp client do not run together well on the same computer.

If that is not the case, internet connectivity is the next suspect. Disable any firewalls, and ensure you can reach the internet from your Windows 7 test machine.

If all else fails, uninstall AppUp and re-install. * Ensure you have the latest version of the AppUp client.

Hello Brian,

I'm using Microsoft Virtual PC with a clean install of Windows 7 (32 bit) for testing.

There is no SDK installed on it and I downloaded the AppUp client (from http://www.appup.com) with this VM directly (so internet works without problems).

When I type a wrong password it also says "Invalid username or password" (so it looks like that it can connect to the server, otherwise it would not no that it is wrong), but when I type the right one, I still get above error message...

Best regards
Andreas

imagem de BrianDevArch

Andreas,

What edition of Windows 7 are you using?
Have you disabled all firewalls?

Hello Brian,

it is a Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit and I've disabled the Windows Firewall.

I'll try it with Windows 7 64 Bit on Sun Virtual PC later on. Maybe it works there.

Best regards
Andreas

imagem de BrianDevArch

Andreas,

Windows 7 Ultimate is not supported by the AppUp client (no netbook currently ships with that edition of Windows 7). Please try Windows 7 Starter edition to see if the error persists. Also note that the OS should be 32-bit as well.

Hello Brian,

that's bad, because I do not have any Windows 7 Starter edition license here.

So I have to try with Windows XP.

Best regards
Andreas

imagem de BrianDevArch

Andreas,

Please be sure to use XP SP3 for your tests, as that is the minimum requirements for the AppUp client. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any trouble.

Hello Brian,

just two annotations:
- I don't understand why it works on Windows 7 Starter, but not on Windows 7 Ultimate.
- but if that's the case (for whatever reason), it might be a good idea to check that while installing and don't just displayed a totally useless error message when trying to login...

Best regards
Andreas

imagem de BrianDevArch

Andreas,

The version of Windows 7 you are using may or may not result in the error you described. The currently supported OS's are:

Microsoft* Windows XP Professional 32-bit with SP3 (English Version)
Microsoft* Windows XP Home 32-bit with SP3 (English Version)
Microsoft* Windows 7 Starter 32-bit (English Version)
Microsoft* Windows 7 Home Basic 32-bit (English Version)
Microsoft* Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (English Version)

I agree, that a more verbose error message would be helpful.

Faça login para deixar um comentário.