encapsulator app 'binary validation failed' no other details.

encapsulator app 'binary validation failed' no other details.

imagem de Rene Dudfield
Hi, I got a rejected notice for my encapsulator app, with 'binary validation failed'. Does anyone know what this means? There's no other details with the notice, so I'm lost. cheers,
9 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Bill Chung

In "My Dashboard" --> "Applications", Select your Application, Click "Expand" , then you will see a link named "Test Result", click it will show detail information.

imagem de Rene Dudfield

Hi,

yes, this was the test result I was talking about. Perhaps there is something is missing from the report, since there are no 'further details' to look at.

Here is the full text of it...

"""Summary
submitted: 2011.10.12
report created: 2011.10.14
Binary Validation Details status: Failed
We are sorry to inform you that your application has not passed binary validation. Please see the validation details below and make the necessary corrections. Please also see the article on beta testing: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/beta-testing and beta test your application using AppUp prior to resubmission. Thank you!"""

imagem de Bill Chung

Oh...I think this need to ask Intel AppUp Validation Team.

imagem de Hal

Hi Rene,

I will escalate this to validation team.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) center

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

imagem de Rene Dudfield

Hi,

thank you. Here is the latest validation failure message I received.

Seems to be an issue with the .msi file that the html encapsulator creates.

"""
· Failed to meet the condition that all shortcuts must point to the same target and combination.

The most common issue observed in this area has to do with properly advertised shortcuts within the .msi . Please see packaging requirements located here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/packaging-requirements and troubleshooting tips located here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/troubleshooting-validation-failures and confirm that your .msi meets the requirements"""

--
Edit: removed drunken words. Note to self, don't use computer after a big night out.

imagem de Rene Dudfield

ah. I got another email saying that there was a problem with the validation process, and to change the version number and to upload again. So I've done that. *fingers crossed*

imagem de Hal

Hi Rene,

I see that your binary has been approved. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) center

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

imagem de Rene Dudfield

Hello,

thanks. It says it is still "Validation in progress" so I guess maybe one stage of the validation is past now, but maybe other stages are still to go.

cheers,

Faça login para deixar um comentário.