Challenge - Extending Qt Webkit API through native code ?

Challenge - Extending Qt Webkit API through native code ?

imagem de Arnaud Delcasse
Hello, I have a question concerning the HTML5 app challenge. Regarding the encapsulator functionalities, I find that the possibilities to make apps are really poor and that it might not be easy to create outstanding apps with HTML5 only. I was wondering if it would be possible to submit applications using HTML5 for the main rendering of the application, extending it with Qt native components delivering new APIs to the HTML5 frontend. Would that kind of applications (hybrid, not only HTML5) be accepted for the contest or do we have to make "yet another RSS reader like" app ? (of course, I don't even think about doing so with the encapsulator, but I would package my own QtWebkit) Best regards. Arnaud Delcasse
5 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Hal

Hello Arnaud,

I will check into this.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) center

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

imagem de Hal

Hello Arnaud,

If you are willing to take the time and know how to build your own WebKit wrapper solution for HTML files and submit that using a solution via our C++, .NET, or Java SDKs then that is doable. However when judging, if we cannot determine it is an HTML app, we will ask you to prove to us the app is HTML based. Sending us a link to a hosted version of the app for us to run in a browser like Chrome would suffice

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) center

imagem de Arnaud Delcasse

Thanks HAL,

The question is more, if we have to provide an HTML5 ONLY app (not taking in account the basic wrapper), or if it is possible to make an hybrid app using native components when things are not possible directly within Webkit/using HTML5, for example, to use hardware components.
In that case, it wouldn't work as in the app submitted to provide a web link as the natives stuff (which we couldn't do with HTML5 only) wouldn't be working.

As an example :

If I want to make an app using an NFC reader, I can't do it through HTML5 only : I will need to develop a native component to make the NFC device usable through Webkit (or whatever the engine is). If I provide a web link to the same application hosted on Internet, support for the NFC reader won't be available through a standard browser. That king of apps wouldn't be allowed (so, we're stuck with RSS readers and fart apps -oh, no, we cannot use an accelerometer :P- ;))

Best Regards

A. Delcasse

imagem de Hal

Hello Arnaud,

The contest does not require that developers use Intel AppUp encapsulator. We anticipated a few may not, and would want to build
their own. We know the NFC is not supported by HTML 5/encapsulator, so we understand this situation. We are glad you still want to submit the
app to Intel AppUp.

This kind of hybrid app is definitely in the spirit of the contest (i.e., taking Web Apps to the next level), so we are open to having you
submit the NFC app. Note that before we judge the apps, we have a process to confirm that apps submitted through encapsulator for
the contest used web technologies; we would need to confirm the same for this app, too. We may ask you to show us that your app uses
mostly Web technologies (i.e., that it’s not 90% C++ and only 10% Java or something like that). If not, it could be disqualified from the
contest.

This app, assuming it is mostly Web technology, can be submitted to the Intel AppUp developer challenge: Web Apps Edition. We look forward to
seeing the entry and your app.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) center

Faça login para deixar um comentário.