Keyframed ragdoll and character controller

Keyframed ragdoll and character controller

imagem de fiction

Hi, I am very new to Havok so this will probably be a very simple question to answer. I have a keyframed skeletal animation that does not depend on physics at all. I have a ragdoll attached to it that I drive using applyHardKeyFrame. I have been reading over the documenation for character controllers and how they work with ragdolls, but I just can't seem to get it to work. I use my own state machine data, so all I want to do is be able to use extracted motion and be able to have my keyframed ragdoll run around the map while linked to the character controller. I feel like I am having more problems with this than I should. Whatever I try to do, the animation and ragdoll remain unmoving, even though I can easily move the character controller around. Help?

3 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de havok_David

Hello fiction,

In order to help you solve your issue, I would recommend you look at the "Demo\Demos\Animation\Api\Ragdoll\ConstraintMatching" Demo where an hkaRagdollRigidBodyController is being driven by an hkaAnimatedSkeleton using the driveToPose method. In fact, I would proceed by completing the following steps:

1) Make sure you can successfully run your keyframed skeletal animation by loading it in the Demo itself (if your animation doesn't run correctly it means that your asset might be incorrectly defined so compare it with the original asset and if you don't find anything suspect, you could send it (the Maya or Max file that you are using) to me so that I can take a look at it).

2) Look at the actual set-up code and stepDemo function of the Demo and make sure you use the same features in your own project.

Please let me know if you have any other issues on this or if you have any specific questions on the code written in the ConstraintMatchingDemo,

Cheers,

David Grosman.

David G. Developer Support Engineer Havok www.havok.com
imagem de fiction

EDIT:

I solved the issue. I was using driveToPose incorrectly.

Faça login para deixar um comentário.