HAXM Install Will Not Detect Enabled VT-x

HAXM Install Will Not Detect Enabled VT-x

Hello,

Does anybody know how to get the Intel HAXM setup program to detect that my VT-x is enabled? VT-d and VT-x is enabled in my BIOS. I am using a Lenovo T410 running Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks.

15 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Here are more details...

Anexos: 

AnexoTamanho
Download haxm.jpg216.93 KB

Hi Matthaniel, let me check what may be going on and I will come back to you.

Matthaniel, while we get to the bottom of it, a good first step could be to do a full hard power down reboot after changing the BIOS VT settings. Have you tried that?

I have the same problem with an X201. I thought it was because of Windows 8, but it happened also in Windows 7

I have installation error with Intel IT provided laptop Lenovo T520 which has i5-2540M running Win 7 64bit. I verified all the virtualization options are enabled in BIOS and also through the processor identification utility. I get error at install saying "Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver." See attached image.

Anexos: 

Hi Uday
I sugested to other user on this forum to double check VT-x option setting in Bios,but by reading your post I can see that this will not work.

The best thing you can do to get HAXM detect VT again, is turning the whole Hyper-V "Feature" off. Open "Control Panel -> "Programs" -> "Turn Windows features on or off" (under "Programs and Features") and locate "Hyper-V", uncheck, reboot.Looks like Hyper-V and HAXM are mutually exclusive, which is kind of a nuisance, because you even need to reboot twice to enable or disable either feature.

Hello, I use the Lenovo B350. When I tried to install Intel HAXM, it came that my VT-X technology was not enabled. I checked in my BIOS and it was enabled. Then, I saw somewhere that turning off Hyper V might be useful, but mine was already disabled. What do I do now?

Also, it seems that mostly Lenovo devices suffer from HAXM installation problems. Is there any characteristic feature in Lenovo devices which makes this happen?

I had exactly the same problems on my G510. Virtualisation enabled in BIOS, Hyper V disabled, Intel Processor Identification utility saying VT-X is enabled... But HAXM still wasn't working. Then I remebered that Avast uses virtualisation for malware handling purposes. I disabled it and HAXM installed without any problems... I hope this helped you :)

Quote:

Mohamed helmi b. wrote:

The best thing you can do to get HAXM detect VT again, is turning the whole Hyper-V "Feature" off. Open "Control Panel -> "Programs" -> "Turn Windows features on or off" (under "Programs and Features") and locate "Hyper-V", uncheck, reboot.Looks like Hyper-V and HAXM are mutually exclusive, which is kind of a nuisance, because you even need to reboot twice to enable or disable either feature.

Works, thank you.

My HAXM installation also says that vt-x is disabled even though I double-checked my BIOS, and I don't Hyper-V at all (doesn't appear in the feature list). Does anyone has any other idea?

I also have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7 32 bit.

Edit: Apparently I only needed to power-down (no just reset) my computer again after changing the BIOS setting.

Uninstalling Avaast fixed my problems and let me install HAXM. Thanks!  

Solution: 
In my case, for Sony Vaio, Avast, 64 bit Windows 7 OS. 

I had enabled virtualization in BIOS and while installing Intel HAXM independently, it was throwing the error that VT-x is not enabled. Tried many things and finally it worked. Here are the steps I did,

0. Enabled Hardware Virtualization in BIOS. (in advanced tab)
1. in Avast->Settings->Troubleshooting
    Uncheck "Enable hardware-assisted virtualization" & "Enable avast self-defense module"
    Also had unchecked "Enable rootkit scan on system startup" and "Enable raw disk access during Avast boot-time scan", But it may not be required. 

This took some time to figure out. Wasted almost 2 days on it. Hopefully it helps others.

Now the emulator runs on Studio without any hitches. 

Thank Ursic U. and Anul S.

Disabling "hardware-assisted virtualization" feature in avast solved my problem.

Regards.

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!