Trying to convert a VS2012 project generated with CMake via ICProjConvert130 fails

Trying to convert a VS2012 project generated with CMake via ICProjConvert130 fails

imagem de Taron

Hello,

we are just switching our build enviroment to VS2012. Unfortunatly i encounterd some problems on the way.

Old setup (works fine):
Generating Project with CMake for VS2008 (x64)
Convert Project via ICProjConvert130 to a Intel Project
Build with devenv.

New Setup:
Generating Project with CMake for VS2012 (x64)
Converting Project with ICProjConvert130 fails with following warnings:
The "Intel C++ Composer XE 13.0" platform toolset for "x64" platform in "Debug" configuration does not exist.
The "Intel C++ Composer XE 13.0" platform toolset for "x64" platform in "Release" configuration does not exist.
The "Intel C++ Composer XE 13.0" platform toolset for "x64" platform in "MinSizeRel" configuration does not exist.
The "Intel C++ Composer XE 13.0" platform toolset for "x64" platform in "RelWithDebInfo" configuration does not exist.

However when i open the solution in VS2012 and use the composer integration to switch the project to use the intel compiler it works fine.
Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Why doesn't it work? I need it working from commandline for our automatic build-system.

We use Cmake version 2.8.8, VS2012 Premium, ICProjConverter 13.0.1179.2008 (Beta).

9 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de VADIM G. (Intel)

Hi Taron,

This bug should be fixed in 13.0 Update 1. ICProjConverter 13.0.1193.2008.

Thanks,
Vadim.

imagem de PAVITHRA DEEPA S.

Hello

I am trying to build chromium with Intel Compiler. I get the following warning when I tried to switch from Microsoft compiler to Intel compiler using the command prompt.

Warning: After setting to use Intel C++

The Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0" platform toolset for "" platform in "" configuration does not exist

Solution ""xxx.sln" was not updated.

Using the icl command, I came to know that the version of the compiler is 13.1.2.190 build 20130514. I would like to know whether it is the same issue as specified in the above posts and how to resolve it.

imagem de Sergey Kostrov

>>...I am trying to build chromium with Intel Compiler...

What is Chromium? If this is some software you need to be more specific, version, update, 32-bit or 64-bit platform, etc.

Chromium is the open source browser with details listed in the following link

http://www.chromium.org/Home

I am trying to build using chrome.sln which is the final solution file(it comes along with the source code).

With Visual Studio 2010 IDE and Microsoft compiler, I could successfully perform the entire build process. With the Intel compiler and Visual Studio IDE I could atleast start the build process although there are lot of errors due to compatibility problems with the Intel compiler.

I tried to switch over to the Intel compiler using command prompt and during that time, I get the errors as specified in the previous post. I am using Windows 7 platform 64 bit, Visual Studio 2010, Intel Composer XE 2013 update 4 version.

imagem de Sergey Kostrov

>>...With the Intel compiler and Visual Studio IDE I could atleast start the build process although there are lot of errors due to
>>compatibility problems with the Intel compiler...

Intel C++ compiler is highly compatible with Microsoft C++ compiler. However, there could be some issues with support of C++11 standard. Please post / provide compilation logs for review.

I looked at www.chromium.org/Home and I see that lots of steps need to be done to set a build environment. Since you've built the project with Microsoft C++ compiler this is a good sign that everything is set properly on your computer.

Once again, post a compilation log with Intel C++ compiler.

imagem de Sergey Kostrov

>>...With the Intel compiler and Visual Studio IDE I could atleast start the build process although there are lot of errors due to >>compatibility problems with the Intel compiler...

Intel C++ compiler is highly compatible with Microsoft C++ compiler. However, there could be some issues with support of C++11 standard. Please post / provide compilation logs for review.

I looked at project web-site and I see that lots of steps need to be done to set a build environment. Since you've built the project with Microsoft C++ compiler this is a good sign that everything is set properly on your computer.

Once again, post a compilation log with Intel C++ compiler.

imagem de Jennifer J. (Intel)

In the future please start a new thread for the new issue. The original issue was answered.

Also as Sergey suggested, please post the build log or all the commands you're using.

Jennifer

Steps performed:

1) Set path for devenv.exe(Visual Studio),  ICC compiler(program files->common files->Intel->shared files->ia32->bin)

Open command prompt and move to the project location

2) Used the following to set visual studio with Intel compiler

icProjConvert130.exe  chrome.sln /IC:"Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0"

Source: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/ICProjConvert100

Snapshot of the result obtained after executing this command:(Getting the error even befoe the compilation begins, that is when trying to set Visual Studio with Intel Compiler)

The project file "C:\chrome\src\v8\tools\gyp\v8_nosnapshot.ia32.vcxproj" - warning(s) after setting to use Intel C++:

The "Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0" platform toolset for "" platform in "" configuration does not exist.

The project file "C:\chrome\src\third_party\zlib\zip.vcxproj" - warning(s) after  setting to use Intel C++:

The "Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0" platform toolset for "" platform in "" configuration does not exist.

The project file "C:\chrome\src\third_party\zlib\zlib.vcxproj" - warning(s) after setting to use Intel C++:

Solution "C:\chrome\src\chrome\chrome.sln" was not updated

Platform used: Windows 7, 64bit (Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Intel Composer XE 13.0)

Faça login para deixar um comentário.