Intel debugger

Intel debugger

Hi,

i have been using intel composer studio 2011 in visual studio 2008. but not able to invoke intel debugger and visual studio debugger is not working too.

Please tell me how to use intel debugger or visual studio debugger.

Regards,

Rakesh

7 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

VS debugger normally is used by the debug build and run options in the GUI. The older Intel Windows debugger is no longer supported.

>>...i have been using intel composer studio 2011 in visual studio 2008. but not able to invoke intel debugger and visual studio debugger is not
>>working too.
Please verify VS 2008 settings: [Menu] -> [Tools] -> [Options] -> [Debugging]
Only one debugger could be active during debugging.

>>...VS debugger normally is used by the debug build...
In a Release configuration it could be used especially if somebody likes debugging assembler codes. It is recommended that a set of Windows OS symbol files is installed and they are available on Microsoft website.

If you wished to debug in release configuration, you would add debug symbols in the build options (/Zi). Some debug information would still be missing, and you could see events reordered by the compiler.
The Windows OS symbols would be useful to help determine which OS functions are involved (regardless of debug or release configuration). They won't give you full information to understand what happens there.
We are crossing into territory which would be more topical on the separate forum section about debuggers.

>>...Please tell me how to use intel debugger or visual studio debugger.
[ Set of Steps #1 ]
- Open a project in your Visual Studio
- Select Debug configuration
- Select, for example, Win32 Platform
- Build the project ( make sure that there are no any C++ compiler and linker errors )
- Press F10 and it starts the Debugger
[ Set of Steps #2 ]
- Open a project in your Visual Studio
- Select Debug configuration
- Select, for example, Win32 Platform
- Press F10 ( the Visual Studio will build the project ( make sure that there are no any C++ compiler and linker errors ) and it starts the Debugger )
Did you try something like that?

>>...We are crossing into territory which would be more topical on the separate forum section about debuggers.
Is it possible that 'Rakesh' has some installation problem(s)?

Faça login para deixar um comentário.