Multithreaded build?

Multithreaded build?

I have the Visual Studio option set to use 2 threads for building, but for some reason even with /ipo:multi turned off it seems to only compile with 1 thread.  When I build multithreaded in other languages it does a 1> and 2> but here it only does 1>.  Is there a setting I'm not finding?

5 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

There are two different things here. Visual Studio can build multiple projects in parallel, and it does that by default. When it comes to a single project, you need to enable the project property Fortran > General > Multi-Processor Compilation. This will attempt to build in parallel sources that don't depend on modules yet to be compiled.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I guess my version doesn't support this despite having 12.0 since I'm stuck with VS2008.

Could you confirm what it takes to get this feature enabled (Visual Studio version and IVF version)? I'm going to make a request that my computer be updated in hopes of reducing time used in compile.

We first added this support in Update 8 to Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 (compiler version 12.1.2). The release notes from that version say:

To enable this, open the project property page Fortran > Command Line. In the Additional
Options field, add /MP as the first (or only) option. If /MP is not the first option on the line, the
parallel build will not be done.

In Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013, we added the project property I named earlier to enable this. Both the 2011 and 2013 versions of Visual Fortran support VS2008.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!