third party software and SSA

third party software and SSA

Hello

- I am using a third party software to build win app (winteracter) but I have a huge problem:

- the fortran compiler switches are : -c -include:"c:\wint\lib.if8"  /Qdiag-enable:sc3

- linking is performed with XILINK to avoid errors with SSA (invalid directive)

The compiler does nor performs the SSA. it compiles and does not say anything about about warnings. How is this possible?

I also have another question. How can we avoid inspector from create a file and obtain the results of SSA in the console?

thanks in advance

Peter

12 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

You have to use Inspector XE to view the results.

There is no linking possible when you use SA - no object code is generated.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

but with /Qdiag-enable:sc3 it should be created a file to be opened with inspector with static analysis and nothing is done by the compiler. Am I right?

with the options above for the compiler object files are created and they are linked further. No SA is performed.

I suppose that I didn't explain very well. When I us the compiler swithes above, no SA analysis is performed. The compiler does not creates an inspector file to be viewed.

Right. There needs to be the pseudo-link step in order to get the analysis. You need to also add /Qdiag-enable:sc3 to the xilink invocation.

What errors are you seeing with using ifort for the link?

Using ifort I get this:

evaluation.obj : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/Intel(R) compiler non-linkable IL object file' encountered; ignored
default_graph_attrib.obj : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/Intel(R) compiler non-linkable IL object file' encountered; ignored
pie.obj : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/Intel(R) compiler non-linkable IL object file' encountered; ignored
put_graph_default.obj : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/Intel(R) compiler non-linkable IL object file' encountered; ignored
get_check_at.obj : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/Intel(R) compiler non-linkable IL object file' encountered; ignored
put_graticules_linestyle.obj : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/Intel(R) compiler non-linkable IL object file' encountered; ignored
put_check.obj : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/Intel(R) compiler non-linkable IL object file' encountered; ignored
put_field.obj : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/Intel(R) compiler non-linkable IL object file' encountered; ignored
data_graph_alunos.obj : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/Intel(R) compiler non-linkable IL object file' encountered; ignored
resource.obj : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/Intel(R) compiler non-linkable IL object file' encountered; ignored
LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMainCRTStartup
Evaluation.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I also tried to use the option /Od and I got the same

Using:

-c -include:"c:\wint\lib.if8" /Qdiag-enable:sc3 to the compilation step and:

-subsystem:windows -machine:ix86 /Qdiag-enable:sc3 to the link step

everything runs good now except I get a link error:

- xilink: remark #10336: Static analysis complete; results available in ".\r001sc\r001sc.inspxe"
- Link errors encountered (the .exe is not created)

It sounds to me as if you're somehow getting link.exe to execute rather than xilink. I tried some experiments and could not reproduce such errors. Can you show me a complete build log (all commands used to build?) I don't need to see how the third-party stuff is built.

My third party software has a proper shell where the app. is built. It invokes the compiler with those switches. no -log file is created. Is there any switch to create it?

Anyway you solved my problem. I just have to remove the /Qdiag.... from the link option and the executable is created. To have static analysis I put that again..

Thanks a lot. You solved a huge problem I had.

P.R.

That's what we're here for!

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!