How to move Vtune to another machine

How to move Vtune to another machine

imagem de Philippe C.

I would like to move a VTune Amplifier XE to another machine. How should I do to transfer the licence?

Thank you

Philippe

6 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Kittur Ganesh (Intel)

Hi Philippe,
Are you using a single user or a floating license? If you are using a single user license then you should be able to install the Vtune package on the other system. A
single-user license allows the license owner to install the product on mutiple systems. however, only ONE copy of the software may be in use at any one time.
So on that new system, you can place the license file under C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses (if 64-bit arch) or same path but Program Files instead of (x86) in the path.
Then you can set up the environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=
and install that package on that system. It should work just fine.

If you are using a floating license and the system you want to run on is not specfied as one of the hosts as part of the floating license, then you can change the host information and resend the license file which you can use to run on the other system.

Can you let me know what license model you have? Single or floating?

thanks,
Kittur

imagem de Philippe C.

It worked great, thank you

imagem de Kittur Ganesh (Intel)

Great to know Philippe, thanks for the confirmation :-)

Regards,
Kittur

imagem de James S.

Hi, we had a Linux server decomissioned which was running VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 3. The licence should have been transferred to the new server but was not. We no longer have the support agreement for the software but are happy with the revision we have, it would appear to be node locked, so how could we update the node to the new server ?.

Best Regards 

imagem de James Tullos (Intel)

Hi James,

I will communicate with you via private message.  In the future, please start a new thread for individual issues rather than adding to an existing thread (even if a similar topic).

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel® Cluster Tools

Faça login para deixar um comentário.