concurrent_unordered_map requires index to be default constructible

concurrent_unordered_map requires index to be default constructible

I'm using ITBB 4.1 and I have this problem that concurrent_unordered_map can't compile without the index type being default constructible.
However this don't follow C++ containers requirements (in C++11 at least).

Most of the time this wouldn't be a big problem, but it prenvents me to do this for example:

tbb::concurrent_unordered_map< std::type_index, MyFunctor > m_translation_table;

See http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/types/type_index

I think I'll use a type_info pointer instead but this is not supposed to be portable AFAIK.

So, are there plans to fix this? Or does the concurrency feature prevent accepting non-default-constructible indice?

9 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

klaim,
Thanks for reporting it. Interesting use case. TBB team will consider if it possible/feasible to implement.

Anton, did you have time to check if this can be fixed?

Hello,

Sorry for the delay; I have a patch file that you can apply to include/tbb/internal/_concurrent_unordered_impl.h to remove the requirement that a default constructor be available.  (The fix is for the TBB U2 version.)

Thanks for the report.

Chris

Anexos: 

AnexoTamanho
Download cu-fixed.diff.txt863 bytes

Thanks, I will be able to try it next week.

What is the U2 version of TBB? 

It is the newest update for TBB 4.1.  It's available now on threadingbuildingblocks.org.

Thanks again, and I appreciate the container is useful to you.

Regards,
Chris

I just tried to use this patch, had to do it by hand but it's not very complicated.

It seem to compile but I can't test runtime yet, I'll report if there are problems or not.

Question: will this change be implemented in the next TBB versions? 

It have been released in current update 3

--Vladimir

Nice! I'm upgrading my TBB version right now. Thanks guys!

Unfortunately these containers also have a big problem which is they don't allow move-only values like std::unique_ptr. I don't know yet how to get around this problem in my case, maybe just using std::shared_ptr instead but it looks like a waste of speed.

Faça login para deixar um comentário.