Multithreading (ipps_t.lib & ipps_l.lib)

Multithreading (ipps_t.lib & ipps_l.lib)

Hi,

My applciation uses lot of signal processing intel IPP functions. Now we are trying to move the application to multi-threaded(ipps_t.lib) lib. Not all the IPP functions used in our application are multi-threaded (ThreadedFunctionsList.txt). So to use the MT function and single threaded function do we need to include both (ipps_t.lib & ipps_l.lib) libaries in the linker dependencies. If I include just (ipps_t.lib) then there are linking error as lot of symbols not found.

If we use both the libraries then which implementatio is picked.

Kindly help in resolving the issue.

Note : We are using static linking with dispatching. We are using Vs2008 and MS compiler to bulid our application.

Regards

Rohit

4 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

there are not sence to use both of these lib's in one application. You can left ipps*_t.lib only and remove all linerat libraries because of from performance point of view the results would be the same.

Citação:

rohitspandey escreveu:

If I include just (ipps_t.lib) then there are linking error as lot of symbols not found.

Hi Rohit,

This must not happen. The libraries are interchangeable (one is not a complement for the other). Could you provide a couple names which are not resolved in your application?

Regards,
Sergey 

Regards, Sergey

Hi Rohit,

Please provide as much as possible technical details ( linker errors, compiler and linker options ). It is not possible to understand what is going on with your project.

Best regards,
Sergey

Faça login para deixar um comentário.