Problem with user defined operators

Problem with user defined operators

Hi,

I have a problem with user defined type-bound generic operators. The issue occurs when i use dotted string as an operator in UDTs. Here there is an example,

! 10/11/2012
 module module_precision
 integer, parameter :: sp = kind(1.0e0)
 integer, parameter :: dp = kind(1.0d0)
 end module module_precision
 !====================================================================================
 ! 10/13/2012
 module module_vector
 use module_precision,only: wp => dp
 implicit none
 !====================================================================================
 type,abstract :: type_vector_base
 real(wp) :: x=0._wp
 real(wp) :: y=0._wp
 contains
 procedure(interface_vector_vector_scalar_real_operator) ,deferred,private :: vector_dot_product
 generic :: operator(.dp.)=>vector_dot_product
 end type type_vector_base
 !------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 type,extends(type_vector_base) :: type_vector_2d
 contains
 procedure,private :: vector_dot_product =>vector_dot_product_2d
 end type type_vector_2d
 abstract interface
 function interface_vector_vector_scalar_real_operator(vector1,vector2) result(scalar_result)
 import :: type_vector_base,wp
 class(type_vector_base),intent(in) :: vector1
 class(type_vector_base),intent(in) :: vector2
 real(wp) :: scalar_result
 end function interface_vector_vector_scalar_real_operator
 !---------------------------------------
 end interface
 contains
 function vector_dot_product_2d(vector1,vector2) result(scalar_result)
 class(type_vector_2d) ,intent(in) :: vector1
 class(type_vector_base),intent(in) :: vector2
 real(wp):: scalar_result
 ! body
 scalar_result=vector1%x*vector2%x+vector1%y*vector2%y
 end function vector_dot_product_2d
 end module module_vector
 program test_dot_product
 use module_vector
 type(type_vector_2d) ::normal1,normal2
 real(wp) :: res
 res = normal1 .dp. normal2
 end

And the output is

------ Build started: Project: test mkl, Configuration: Debug|x64 ------

Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 13.0.1.119 [Intel(R) 64]...
test dp.f90
C:\Users\Arash\University Activites\Thesis\test mkl\test mkl\test dp.f90(51): error #6866: Dotted string neither a defined operator nor a structure component [DP]
C:\Users\Arash\University Activites\Thesis\test mkl\test mkl\test dp.f90(49): remark #7712: This variable has not been used. [NORMAL1]
C:\Users\Arash\University Activites\Thesis\test mkl\test mkl\test dp.f90(49): remark #7712: This variable has not been used. [NORMAL2]
compilation aborted for C:\Users\Arash\University Activites\Thesis\test mkl\test mkl\test dp.f90 (code 1)

Build log written to "file://C:\Users\Arash\University Activites\Thesis\test mkl\test mkl\x64\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
test mkl - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Any idea?

Best regards, Arash.

9 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Nothing jumps out at me as a problem in your code - I will investigate.

Steve Intel Developer Support

I have escalated this to development as issue DPD200240115 and will let you know what we find.

Thank you Steve.

what happens if you...

module module_precision 
  integer, parameter :: sp = kind(1.0e0) 
  integer, parameter :: wasdp = kind(1.0d0) 
end module module_precision 
module module_vector 
  use module_precision,only: wp => wasdp 

Jim Dempsey

www.quickthreadprogramming.com

That doesn't change anything - that was the first thing I tried.

If the operator is defined in the extended type, it works, but it should work the way it is.

I was also thinking along the same lines as Jim i.e., some conflict between the "dp" kind parameter and ".dp." operator.

If that's not an issue, then could it be that the vector_dot_product procedure associated with the ".dp." public operator should also be public instead of private?

Arash R., have you tried some other operator other than a dotted string?  If not, can you try that out?  Say the simple asterisk (*) which actually would make the code easier to read. Separately, your vector_dot_product_2d function specifies the class type_vector_2d for vector1 but type_vector_base for vector2 - is this intended?  If yes, care to explain why?  Your test program is inconsistent with the function specification, not that this has anything to do with your operator issue.

Regards,

The arguments for the procedures are as required by the Fortran standard in this context. Removing PRIVATE doesn't change the beahvior.

I expect this bug to be fixed in Update 3 (end of March).

Faça login para deixar um comentário.