OpenGL interop failing with HD4000

OpenGL interop failing with HD4000

Hi,

I would like to know if it is normal that my clCreateContextFromType fails with -1000 (not referenced error by the way) when I am trying to setup

The platform variable below contains a platform value for the HD4000.

I know that it works because it is fine when I am using without the OpenGL parameters.

opengl_context = wglGetCurrentContext();

opengl_hdc = wglGetCurrentDC();

cl_context_properties cps[] = {
      CL_GL_CONTEXT_KHR,
      (cl_context_properties)opengl_context,
      CL_WGL_HDC_KHR,
      (cl_context_properties) opengl_hdc,
      CL_CONTEXT_PLATFORM,
      (cl_context_properties)platform,
        };

m_context = (void*)clCreateContextFromType(cps, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU, NULL, NULL, &status);

status = -1000 here

Thanks.

I have attached my configuration file. I also have an NVidia GTX580 in the same machine for my second monitor.

The application is always running on the first monitor driven by the HD4000.

Laurent

AnexoTamanho
Download hd4000-info.txt1.78 KB
9 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Thanks for the details,

We will look into this and let you know what the issue is.

Regards, 

Arnon

Any news on that issue?

That part of my project is completely stopped by the problem and I would like to know if I need to cancel that part or not.

Thanks.

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

Sorry for the delay. I will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Raghu

Hi Raghu,

Thanks a lot.

Looking forward some feedback.

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

I tried your sample code on my IVB system with HD Graphics 4000 and I cannot reproduce your issue. I get a CL_SUCCESS status when creating the context with clCreateContextFromType. Of course I am using a later gfx driver than what you have, but I dont think that is the problem. Just out of curiosity can you post your full source code (just the lines to reproduce the issue is enough). I will try to use the same driver as you and your code to see if I can replicate what you are seeing.

Thanks,

Raghu

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for checking. I doubt that I will be able to post for the full source code. The issue might be due to my system having an Nvidia card installed too so I will try later to deactivate it completely to see if that changes anything.

Is the driver you are using available for donwload? If yes then I could try that too.

The most important thing is that it should work :) Now I can spend a bit more time to look into that this week so I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

Laurent.

The driver I used is an internal one. Please try running the test after removing the NVidia card and let me know.

Thanks,

Raghu

Hi Raghu,

Ok it seems to be indeed due to the fact that I have both NVidia and Intel cards running at the same time.

With the NVidia card disabled in the Device manager (not just the screen not extended to it), I was able to get it working.

And I even get very promising results for my tests so everything is good now.

Thanks for checking again.

The issue can be considered closed.

Laurent.

Faça login para deixar um comentário.