remark #10010: option '-pthread' is deprecated???

remark #10010: option '-pthread' is deprecated???

Hi,

I am migrating to the latest compiler version (13) and I get some warnings that I didn't get before. One of these is:

ifort: command line remark #10010: option '-pthread' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. See '-help deprecated'

I don't find the '-pthread' option in the list of options, neither do I find it in the deprecated options list http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/stdxe/2013...

So what's the status of '-pthread' and if it will be deprecated which option will take over its functionallity? Or how do I get rid of the remark?

Thanks

7 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Interesting - this was never a supported option for Fortran. For Intel C++ it tells the compiler to use the pthreads library for multithread support, though I am not entirely sure what is meant by this, as typically OpenMP is used for the multithread (-parallel) support.  I suggest you simply remove the option from your Fortran builds.

I have inquiries into the developers to see why it is even triggering a deprecated message, as it's not deprecated for C++.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Ok - for Fortran, use "-reentrancy threaded" as the replacement. Its history for Fortran is not the same as the current C++ option, and was removed from the compiler a VERY long time ago.

When I use "-reentrancy threaded" it complains that "-reentrancy" is not a recognized option and file "threaded" is not found. When I use "-pthread" I get "ifort: command line remark #10010: option '-pthread' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. See '-help deprecated'" and when I type "ifort -help deprecated" it tells me to use "-reentrancy threaded". So it doesn't like any of the two.

Would you please show me the log of the terminal session showing the ifort command and the output? Also please add -V. For example, here's what I see:

[sblionel@f90srv34 ~/project]$ ifort -V -c -reentrancy threaded t.f90
Intel(R) Fortran Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 13.0.1.117 Build 20121010
Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Intel(R) Fortran 13.0-2074

Hi there,

I was trying to compile umat subroutine on Abaqus and i get the following error: "ifort: command line remark #10010: option '-w90' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. See '-help deprecated' "

See the attched file

Do you perhaps know why?

Regards

Fulu

Anexos: 

AnexoTamanho
Download job-72.log912 bytes

Those options are obsolete. If you want standards checking against Fortran 90 or 95, use -std90 or -std95.

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!