Employee left the company and took all VTune installation software, licensing and related info with them!

Employee left the company and took all VTune installation software, licensing and related info with them!

imagem de David B.

Before I joined my company, my predecessor had purchased VTune and was actively using it.  He left abruptly, and apparently uninstalled VTune from his PC, and threw away all realted information to the purchase.  To make matters worse, he purchased it on his credit card (for the points presumably) and was then reimbursed by the company.  The product should be licensed in the company's name, but I have no information on it at all.  Can someone from Intel please help me to find this information so we can continue to use the product?  I can't find any other phone number to call or outlet to ask this question...

Thanks!

10 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Sergey Kostrov

David, I'm really sorry to hear that and I'd like to make a personal comment ( I'm not an Intel employee ).

>>...To make matters worse, he purchased it on his credit card (for the points presumably) and was then reimbursed by
>>the company...

It means, that the former employee stolen the company's property and this is a criminal offence. Why wouldn't you try to address that problem with the company's lawyer?

Best regards,
Sergey

imagem de David B.

Hi Sergey,

A good thought, but no he didn't steal anything when he left. He just deleted the software from his work PC and threw away all supporting documentation and licensing so we are now stuck. He didn't take anything, but didn't leave anything either...

Thanks
Dave

imagem de Tim Prince

The forum on licensing and installation may be able to help you, as it is watched by people with access to licensing data base.

imagem de Sergey Kostrov

>>...A good thought, but no he didn't steal anything when he left. He just deleted the software from his work PC and threw away
>>all supporting documentation and licensing so we are now stuck. He didn't take anything, but didn't leave anything either...

Thanks for additional details. I understood that he took a CD with VTune. Did you try to contact Intel Premier Support?

imagem de Steve Lionel (Intel)

I will move this thread to the Licensing forum. Do you have any kind of documentation supporting your claim?

Steve
imagem de David B.

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, I don't have any documentation and was hoping that you (Intel Licensinsg) would be able to look up my company and see if you can find anything.  I've spoken with our finance department and they couldn't find anything either.  It's possible that he just had an evaluation version, but based on the reports and screenshots I've seen it looks like he had a full version.  Thanks!

imagem de Sergey Kostrov

>>...It's possible that he just had an evaluation version...

I think you know that all Intel Evaluation software are free and work for 30 days.

imagem de Feilong H (Intel)

Hi David,

I looked up our database and tried to find out all licenses registered under your company (any email ending with your company domain).  I only saw a VTune evaluation license, which expired in year 2011.  Please note that products running with eval license is full-functional, just like those running with commercial license.  So, it's likely that your employee was probably using VTune with an eval license.  Hope this helps.

Feilong

imagem de David B.

This is very helpful; thanks for looking into this for me! 

Faça login para deixar um comentário.