Intel® HTML5 App Porter Tool (BETA) support

Intel® HTML5 App Porter Tool (BETA) support

NOTICE: The current BETA program ended on Dec 31st, 2013. The Intel® HTML5 App Porter Tool - BETA is no longer available.

This is a forum thread for anyone that has problems with the Intel® HTML5 App Porter Tool – BETA.

Thanks!
@CaptGeek
(aka: Eric Mantion)
http://About.Me/EricMantion
19 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

remember to check out this HTML5 software development tool as well: http://toolbox-appdeveloper.intel.com/html5playground/

www.softwaretailor.com

will be help ful

good post, thanks

Ahmedelshfie

Thanx, Got the software tool

Chief Executive Officer

Hi,

We are trying to convert one of our iPhone apps using App Porter update 3, but we have a problem: After the conversion and opening the project in Visual Studio on a Win-8 machine, we have 3 exceptions. After the 3rd (fatal?) one listed below, the screen goes blank and nothing happens.

Stack: TypeError: Unsupported operation exception
   at ApplicationMain (ms-appx://172ae0ea-9227-4aeb-97ad-9b54bf021357/portingSupportLibs\apt.util.js:443:5)
   at main (ms-appx://172ae0ea-9227-4aeb-97ad-9b54bf021357/main.js:9:5)
   at Anonymous function (ms-appx://172ae0ea-9227-4aeb-97ad-9b54bf021357/portingSupportLibs\apt.base.js:13:17)
   at dispatch (ms-appx://172ae0ea-9227-4aeb-97ad-9b54bf021357/portingSupportLibs\jquery-1.7.2.js:3333:6)
   at eventHandle (ms-appx://172ae0ea-9227-4aeb-97ad-9b54bf021357/portingSupportLibs\jquery-1.7.2.js:2942:5))

These all appear to be App Porter's files, not related to our app. The first 2 exceptions are syntax errors in file /portingSupportLibs\jquery-1.7.2.js on lines 5202 and 5165, however after them the app continues to run up to the 3rd exception listed above. If you have any idea what to do please let us know.

There was also a syntax error in sax.js but we are not using sax and I just commented out sax.js from index.html

Finally, there is a RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND error on images/ajax-loader.gif referenced from apt.ActivityIndicatorView.js. The image files are there, in portingSupportLibs/images but the path given in the js file appears to be wrong. This is minor and I'm sure we can fix it, but it looks like a bug in App Porter (after new layout of folders?)

Thanks!

Good day, I want to know if is possible make websocket with this IDE

JudLup Luna

JudLup Luna

引文:

Kosmaj 写道:

Hi,

We are trying to convert one of our iPhone apps using App Porter update 3, but we have a problem: After the conversion and opening the project in Visual Studio on a Win-8 machine, we have 3 exceptions. After the 3rd (fatal?) one listed below, the screen goes blank and nothing happens.

Stack: TypeError: Unsupported operation exception
   at ApplicationMain (ms-appx://172ae0ea-9227-4aeb-97ad-9b54bf021357/portingSupportLibs\apt.util.js:443:5)
   at main (ms-appx://172ae0ea-9227-4aeb-97ad-9b54bf021357/main.js:9:5)
   at Anonymous function (ms-appx://172ae0ea-9227-4aeb-97ad-9b54bf021357/portingSupportLibs\apt.base.js:13:17)
   at dispatch (ms-appx://172ae0ea-9227-4aeb-97ad-9b54bf021357/portingSupportLibs\jquery-1.7.2.js:3333:6)
   at eventHandle (ms-appx://172ae0ea-9227-4aeb-97ad-9b54bf021357/portingSupportLibs\jquery-1.7.2.js:2942:5))

These all appear to be App Porter's files, not related to our app. The first 2 exceptions are syntax errors in file /portingSupportLibs\jquery-1.7.2.js on lines 5202 and 5165, however after them the app continues to run up to the 3rd exception listed above. If you have any idea what to do please let us know.

There was also a syntax error in sax.js but we are not using sax and I just commented out sax.js from index.html

Finally, there is a RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND error on images/ajax-loader.gif referenced from apt.ActivityIndicatorView.js. The image files are there, in portingSupportLibs/images but the path given in the js file appears to be wrong. This is minor and I'm sure we can fix it, but it looks like a bug in App Porter (after new layout of folders?)

Thanks!

Hi Kosmaj,

Thanks for for you feedback. We will investigate these issues. Regarding the "Unsupported operation" exception, it seem that some portion of the original application code was not completely translated. Please, make sure that no files are missing from the original project. The other 2 exceptions that appear in jquery seem to be  exceptions handled within jquery and part of the library design. The development environment appears to be configured to report all exceptions. We will check the syntax error on sax.js.  Finally, the missing resource from "apt.ActivityIndicatorView.js" seems to be a minor bug introduced with the new layout, as you have pointed out. Luckily, it can easily fixed by fixing the path to the image in  "apt.ActivityIndicatorView.js"

Again, thanks for the feedback and support!

Regards,

Pablo.

引文:

JudLup Luna 写道:

Hi JudLup Luna, 

Thanks for your interest in the HTML5 App Porter Tool - BETA. I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Please, can you provide us more information about what you are trying to accomplish?

Thanks!

Pablo. 

Sounds awesome, thanks!

Ahmed Ziadi

Hello!

Today I decided to try your porter tool with some simple XCode projects, but had no success. I then tried with your sample project, still the same. The problem is this: 

When I select the necessary modules to parse, the parsing process ends unsuccessfully, with the following message/screen: "Oops, we need some help parsing your files.". I understand this should happen when errors or unsupported features are encountered, but the problem is that I cannot think of anything that keeps causing this. The same happens even with a simple "Empty project". 

I could not understand, do I need to install any additional SDKs or whatever, to be able to work with the porter? Or it comes with everything necessary, to work without problems?

Thank you!

Hello!

Please suggest some tutorial how to manually implement the todo js.

Thanks

KP

引文:

kp 写道:

Hello!

Please suggest some tutorial how to manually implement the todo js.

Thanks

KP

Hi KP, you can check the Tutorial article (http://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/articles/tutorial-creating-an-html5-app-from-a-native-ios-project-with-intel-html5-app-porter-tool) which has a little bit of everything, including an example on how to implement the "todo" files. 

The "todo" files are generated for any APIs that are invoked in the original code which the tool has no translation for. This typically happens when the original program uses a 3rd party library or a iOS API that is not yet supported in the translation. In those cases, the tool generates a placeholder for that missing functionality, so you can implement the html5 version of the functionality using that placeholder. 

Please,  don't hesitate to ask any further questions on this regard.

Thanks!

Pablo.

Hello Developers,

I am iOS developer working in an organization and i want to Port iOS app to HTML5 so it will run on all the intel processors using http://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/articles/tutorial-creating-an-html... link to port. It is ported to HTML but with some error which i dont know how i can i resolve it. I had also tried on simple appication "Hello World" to port into HTML5 but giving issue while run with Intel XDK and was able not to see anything just a white screen.

I had checked again then found that HTML5 portable is not able to fully port the NSFoundation.framework. Please check the below report.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TODO Report - Intel® HTML5 App Porter Tool - BETA

Project BalloonNinja

Original source path: C:\Documents and Settings\mkumar\Desktop\BalloonNinja_17Oct\BalloonNinja\BalloonNinja.xcodeproj

Converted files path: C:\Documents and Settings\mkumar\My Documents\Intel(r) HTML5 App Porter Tool - BETA\Ported Apps\BalloonNinja\src

This document will help you to complete the translation process for those portions of the code that require manual translation.

Unsupported API that needs completion

Check the following TODO files to complete the API that could not be translated automatically.

Inside these files you will find detailed information about non-mapped APIs and it usage.

pendingAPIcallsToPort\TODO_API_application_JKParseState.js

pendingAPIcallsToPort\TODO_API_application_AVAudioPlayer.js

pendingAPIcallsToPort\TODO_API_application_NSSortDescriptor.js

pendingAPIcallsToPort\TODO_API_js_Array.js

pendingAPIcallsToPort\TODO_API_js_String.js

pendingAPIcallsToPort\TODO_API_js_c_global.js

Methods not selected for processing

These methods were not selected for translation, so their HTML5 versions were generated with an empty body. You may need to implement these methods to be able to run the translated application.

No methods were chosen to be removed.

HTML5 learning and reference resources

The Intel® Developer Zone provides a number of resources to learn and build HTML5 applications.

• Intel® Developer Zone for HTML5

Review generated HTML and CSS code

Input XIB file

Output HTML/CSS files

Classes\BalloonNinjaViewController.xib

Classes\BalloonNinjaViewController_View_1019830678.html

Classes\BalloonNinjaViewController_View_1019830678.css

Classes\LeaderBoardViewController.xib

Classes\LeaderBoardViewController_View_191373211.html

Classes\LeaderBoardViewController_View_191373211.css

Classes\WriteScoreViewController.xib

Classes\WriteScoreViewController_View_191373211.html

Classes\WriteScoreViewController_View_191373211.css

Please, check the release notes for further information.

Support and feedback about the BETA program

For support, comments, bug reports, feature requests or general feedback you can use the HTML5 tools forums or send us a mail to app_porter_tool@intel.com.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please help me out in this one how can i resolve this issue.

Navi Singh

引文:

Navpreet S. 写道:

Hello Developers,

I am iOS developer working in an organization and i want to Port iOS app to HTML5 so it will run on all the intel processors using http://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/articles/tutorial-creating-an-html... link to port. It is ported to HTML but with some error which i dont know how i can i resolve it. I had also tried on simple appication "Hello World" to port into HTML5 but giving issue while run with Intel XDK and was able not to see anything just a white screen.

I had checked again then found that HTML5 portable is not able to fully port the NSFoundation.framework. Please check the below report.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Report omitted]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Navi,

As you have noticed, not all the NSFoundation API is mapped to HTML5. Particularly, data serialization methods are not supported, yet. You can see the list of supported API conversions here. You should expect to get more supported APIs in future releases.

Regarding the tutorial, make sure that you have applied step 4, where you have to un-select some of the methods in the LeaderBoardManager class. By doing this, you instruct the App Porter *not* to translate those methods and it will ignore the body of those methods for the translation.

A (very desirable) side effect of ignoring that code is that no TODO placeholders will be generated for that (ignored) code. Long story short: if you follow step 4 of the tutorial, none of the TODO files related to NSFoundation should be created. The generated code should look like this:

application.LeaderboardManager.leaderboard = function() {

//TODO This method was removed in translation

};

application.LeaderboardManager.addScore_name = function(score, name) {

};

application.LeaderboardManager.leaderboardFilePath = function() {

};

Those methods need to be implemented from the scratch, but that's part of the tutorial. 

Please, contact us if you run into any other issues.

Thanks!

Pablo.

引文:

pablo-garralda (Intel) 写道:

Quote:

Navpreet S.wrote:

Hello Developers,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Report omitted]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Navi,

As you have noticed, not all the NSFoundation API is mapped to HTML5. Particularly, data serialization methods are not supported, yet. You can see the list of supported API conversions here. You should expect to get more supported APIs in future releases.

Regarding the tutorial, make sure that you have applied step 4, where you have to un-select some of the methods in the LeaderBoardManager class. By doing this, you instruct the App Porter *not* to translate those methods and it will ignore the body of those methods for the translation.

A (very desirable) side effect of ignoring that code is that no TODO placeholders will be generated for that (ignored) code. Long story short: if you follow step 4 of the tutorial, none of the TODO files related to NSFoundation should be created. The generated code should look like this:

application.LeaderboardManager.leaderboard = function() {

};

application.LeaderboardManager.addScore_name = function(score, name) {

};

application.LeaderboardManager.leaderboardFilePath = function() {

};

Those methods need to be implemented from the scratch, but that's part of the tutorial. 

Please, contact us if you run into any other issues.

Thanks!

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the replay and inforamtion. I had check and make sure that all the instructions are followed properly and received same generated code also change the code as per instruction but still have the same outcome i.e. white blank screen. Its also showing same for the "Hello World" Project will contain just a label.

I think we need to wait until the Intel portal tool provide full support to convert Xcode projects to HTML5.

Thanks

Navi

Navi Singh

引文:

Navpreet S. 写道:

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the replay and inforamtion. I had check and make sure that all the instructions are followed properly and received same generated code also change the code as per instruction but still have the same outcome i.e. white blank screen. Its also showing same for the "Hello World" Project will contain just a label.

I think we need to wait until the Intel portal tool provide full support to convert Xcode projects to HTML5.

Thanks

Navi

Hi Navi, 

Please, make sure to try the generated code using a web server (or a webkit). The XIB files are translated to html5 (markup) pages and they are loaded dynamically in the same fashion as in the original platform. To load those pages, the generated code uses XHR requests with are guarded by the browser's cross-domain loading policies.  If you open the generated files directly (i.e. using the file:// protocol) in a browser,  the default cross-domain policies will prevent the action and the loading will fail. 

In Chrome, you can also open it using the command line options "--allow-file-access-from-files --disable-web-security" to disable those controls.  (BTW, make sure that no other instances are running already, otherwise the flags will not take effect). Anyway, the easiest way is to get a simple web server. For instance, if you have python, you can run "python -m http.server" in the folder where the code is and you should be able see the apps running.  

Please, let me know if the problem persists or if you were able to see the apps running.

Thanks!

Pablo. 

I want to port an Appcelerator Titanium application to Intel XDK New. has anyone successfully done this yet? any help would be appreciated. All attempts have failed as of yet.

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!