PARDISO with METIS re-ordering

PARDISO with METIS re-ordering

Hello:

I am using (INTEL_MKL) PARDISO solver in a visco-elasto-plastic Stokes flow code. It is a finite difference code which uses marker-in-cell technique and has a mixed formulation with linear velocity and constant pressure.

During the reordering and symbolic factorization (METIS) I keep getting SEG-faults (and occasionally a SIGBUS) at random moments, where it will probably runs through the next time. This occurs both when using METIS = 3 or 2, however it runs fine without re-ordering.

I have checked the physics, matrix conditioning etc. but the fact that solver only has a problem with longer runs, whereas it runs fine with the restart file, suggests that there is some algorithmic/compiler specific issue. I have traced the memory utilization and it is far less than the RAM.

This seems to be the problem with the INTEL_MKL version of Pardiso only.

Best regards,

Rooh

4 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Hello Rooh. 

What would happens if you will use the minimum degree algorithm?

Hi Gennady,

It works fine with minimum degree algorithm (iparm[1] = 0), but much slower than iparm[1] = 2 or 3

Thanks,

Rooh

Hi Rooh,

We had the problem with metis reodering in the past. what version of mkl you are using? in the case of the latest ( v.11.0 update 2), then please give us the reproducer of this problem.

--Gennady

Faça login para deixar um comentário.