How do I buy an older version of Intel Visual Fortran Compiler

How do I buy an older version of Intel Visual Fortran Compiler

Hi,

I would like to buy a compiler, which is compatible with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and I have found that the 2011 version is okay for this.
At the begginning of January 2013, I downloaded Intel Parallel Studio 2011 for a 30-days evaluation. I would like to know if it is possible to purchase this software and how much will it costs to have one license ?
Also, in my department, we used to have Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Windows 2010. This license expired on April 2011. Is it possible to extend this product in order to download the 2011 upgrade version ?
Which solution is the cheaper ? What do you recommend ?

Thanks a lot for your help

11 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

You can buy the latest version which is also compatible with Visual Studio 2008. And if you really want to you can then download older versions

Paying for a renewal doesn't make sense if you are over a year past expiration date, as that would cost more than a new purchase.  As Andrew said, a new license will entitle you to download all the earlier versions, as well as new versions posted within the year from when you register.  The latest versions remain compatible with VS2008 (with service packs), so it should be painless to keep up to date.

Parallel Studio includes the same Fortran you could buy separately, with a higher price reflecting additional components.  You'd probably want to check several online vendors, as well as using http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-xe-product-comparison

I though the licences did not expire you should still be able to use the last release before April 2011 ayway.

>>...Paying for a renewal doesn't make sense if you are over a year past expiration date, as that would cost more than
>>a new purchase

What about special prices for renewals currently announced on Intel website ( see Developer Tools web-page )? It doesn't make sense to ask for more than a price of new version because in that cases everybody will try buy a new version.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks to all of you for your comments.

According to the various comments, I understand that a licence isn't specific to a software version. I can buy a license for the new version and then, download from the website an older version (such as Intel Parallel Studio 2011) and use it with this same license. Am I correct ?

To precise my problem, the compiled files need to be read by Aspen Plus (a process simulation software) and only a few mix of versions of Intel Parallel Studio and Visual Studio are allowed (see file attached).

Anexos: 

That is correct - you buy a current license and you can download, install and use an older version. But according to that image you attached, the very latest Intel Visual Fortran Compose XE 2013 is supported by Aspen with VS2008, 2010 and 2012.

Okay, thank you.

I have one last question regarding the license. As I have not experience at all in the compiling, I am not sure of the package I need to buy. Between the three packages below and according to the problem I have described in previous comments, could you tell me which one might be the best suited for me :

- Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2013 Fortran and C++
- Intel® C++ Studio XE 2013 Just C++
- Intel® Fortran Studio XE 2013 Just Fortran ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

>>...I have described in previous comments, could you tell me which one might be the best suited for me :
>>
>>- Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2013 Fortran and C++

For Fortran and C++ development.

>>- Intel® C++ Studio XE 2013 Just C++

For C++ development only.

>>- Intel® Fortran Studio XE 2013 Just Fortran ?

For Fortran development only.

It is Not clear if any C++ development is done in your department. However, if funds are available than a more expensive version Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2013 ( Fortran and C++ ) is the best choice. Integrations of both compilers with Visual Studios are very good.

One more comment - if you are doing C++ programming, you will need to purchase and install Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 (or 2010 or 2008)  Professional Edition or higher, whether or not you will be using the Intel C++ compiler.

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!