error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code

I am regularly getting the following error message when I build a Fortran project using Visual Studio 2010 and the latest download of the compiler:

1>Linking...
1>Embedding manifest...
1>PS : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code
1>Build log written to  "file://C:\PolySNAP v4.1\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>PS - 1 error(s), 25 warning(s)

If I just rebuild, the error usually just goes away, but sometimes it takes several attempts to get the linker to work without this error.

Is this a known problem?

ChrisG

9 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

I have that too... No clue what causes this. Simply link again and it works.

Me too. Same result, recompile and link and it goes away.

>>...1>PS : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code

Take a look at project properties:

[ Project Property Pages ] -> Configuration Properties -> Build Events

and check settings, that is, full paths, executable names, bat-file names, etc.

It is clear that there is a problem with some external command executed through one those events.

I sometimes havre that problem for me it is usually adding the manifest after the link I think the tool run is mt.exe. I do a rebuild which does not appear to do anything other then return build OK. It is only sometimes I think it might be a virus check problem.

This seems to be an ongoing problem with the Microsoft Manifest Tool. No idea what triggers it. It might be, as app4619 suggests, a virus checker interfering with a program that rewrites an EXE. I often find it necessary to tell my AV program to exclude my build directories for its auto-protect scanning.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I used to have this problem, too. Then, about a year ago, I learned from Steve's post on this forum that the problem was likely caused by the Manifest tool. So I stopped using it and the problem went away.

I don't know what the manifest tool is good for, so I don't miss it. It may be good for something, but its application is so faulty that we're probably better off without it.

If you're not linking to the DLL libraries, you don't need the manifest tool.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

This is all very helpful - thank you. I will switch off the manifest tool and see how things go.

ChrisG

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!