Why is there no way to search through this forum?

Why is there no way to search through this forum?

Please add a search bar onto this forum. It is really inconvienient especially since there are so many posts now. 

7 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Yeah, I think I asked the same question a few months ago. But, this forum has bigger issues with posts randomly not showing up. 

Just a tip, I usually used the top-right search field for searching the topic that I am looking for in this forum. It works to some extent, but you would need to filter some of the irrelevant result on your own sometimes, since the result could be from any other areas too.

But as long as your search keywords are specific enough, the returned results could be pretty good  ;-)

cheers
SMing

This forum is public.  Why is Intel not using GoogleGroups?  It is just silly to not be able to properly search...

>>...But as long as your search keywords are specific enough, the returned results could be pretty good...

That is correct and as soon as results appear you really need to go through a couple of first pages in order to find links with the most valuable information related to the initial query. I use search combobox on IDZ web-site a couple of times in a week and never had any issues. However, I agree that a result set is sometimes really big.

>>... Why is Intel not using GoogleGroups?..

It is all about confidentiality / proprietary and some threads could be switched to private and in that case they are accessible by an owner of the thread and Intel software engineers. That is why some companies will never use Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc, mail services.

Is there a better search tool yet? Has the search form for this vbulletin been exposed yet? 

Sergey/Yosun - posts at this site are available through Google search.

Bob Davies

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!