Cannot build the library

Cannot build the library

I am using icc compiler (version 13.1.1 20130313) in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. After making little changes in makefiles, like replacing the usage of bash instead of shell, recognizing the gcc --version, etc, I finally could build the library. But, "nm -g libiomp5.so" gives me the following:

0000000000000000 A VERSION
w _Jv_RegisterClasses
w __cxa_finalize@@GLIBC_2.2.5
w __gmon_start__

so, when the building process tries to run the tests (actually, the test-touch), it gives me all undefined references:

gcc -pthread -o test-touch-rt/test-touch -m64 ../../src/test-touch.c libiomp5.so
/tmp/ccmC9SGI.o: In function `main':
test-touch.c:(.text+0xa): undefined reference to `omp_get_wtime'
test-touch.c:(.text+0x14): undefined reference to `omp_get_num_threads'
test-touch.c:(.text+0x1e): undefined reference to `omp_get_max_threads'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have attached the building log file.

AnexoTamanho
Download omp-oss.txt38.99 KB
6 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Hi Diego,

Thank you for reporting the issue, we will fix it in the next release of the library sources.

Until then you can workaround the problem inserting the line
SHELL = /bin/bash
in the beginning of makefile.mk file. 

Thanks,
Andrey 

We've started to convert the build system over to CMake. Please feel free to test/report bugs or send a patch. No need to wait for the "next release"

https://github.com/pathscale/openmprtl

Thanks

@codestr0m: Since you are forking openmprtl, it would be nice if you could rename it. Having two different projects with the same name is an important source of confusion and potential mistakes.

PS: I am not from Intel.

I wouldn't call it a fork since we're planning to play nice and work with Intel to get our changes upstream. So far our changes are limited to the build system. We want to call it the same thing in hopes to make it easier to find and have a place where people can actually send patches for testing/review.

Did you try our cmake build?

Well, on github, it is said forking to github. ;)

For now, even if I don't like hand made build systems, I would like to stick with the official release of openmprtl. Could you share information about the current status of the negociation with Intel about the contribution agreement? (I agree that copyright assignement are not the best way to go).

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!