Environment variables

Environment variables

It turned out, that ifort 13.0.1 completely ignores FPATH and INCLUDE variables.

Do I miss something and they have been replaced with some other variables, or it is just strange deccision to drop support of environment variables and as result make it unsuitable to use it together with environmental modules?

8 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Neitrher of those are documented as supported on Linux. The documentation says that CPATH is used for include and module files. (I know this sounds weird, but that's what it is.)

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Yep, I readed manual carefully and found it.

Strange why they now ignore FPATH, because one can want to define them differently for C and Fortran.

Thanks!

Looking in our records, I see that we made a change in the 12.0 compiler because the use of FPATH interfered with ksh. I don't see more details, but reading between the lines I think that some developer a long time back saw "CPATH" and thought that was necessarily C-specific and created FPATH for Fortran.  This was a mistake that we corrected several years ago. INCLUDE has never been supported on Linux - that is Windows only.

I am curious why nobody never came with something like FORTRAN_INCLUDE_PATH/F90_INCLUDE_PATH/F_INCLUDE_PATH

It must be consistent and convincing, as FPATH (aswell as INCLUDE and even CPATH) is too ambigous.

Quote:

I am curious why nobody never came with something like FORTRAN_INCLUDE_PATH/F90_INCLUDE_PATH/F_INCLUDE_PATH

It must be consistent and convincing, as FPATH (aswell as INCLUDE and even CPATH) is too ambigous.

You could implement that yourself by using a script to call ifort

#!/bin/bash
if [ ! -z "$FOTRAN_INCLUDE_PATH" ]; then
ifort -I $FORTRAN_INCLUDE_PATH "$@"
else
ifort "$@"
fi

In general we try to follow the existing conventions on the platform. On Linux, CPATH is the name of the variable used by C and Fortran compilers, including gfortran, for include files.

Quote:

Casey wrote:

Quote:

a.starikov@utwente.nlwrote:

You could implement that yourself by using a script to call ifort#!/bin/bash if [ ! -z "$FOTRAN_INCLUDE_PATH" ]; then ifort -I $FORTRAN_INCLUDE_PATH "$@" else ifort "$@" fi 

Here I referred not to Intel, but fortran vendors in general. :)

and, btw, it should be:

exec ifort -I ${FPATH//:/ -I} "$@"

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!