Build errors with ifort

Build errors with ifort

Hi All,

After hours of googling, I decide to give up and ask the experts! I am trying to compile a fortran code using ifort on CentOS6.4.

I have installed all the pre-requisites for intel fortan.

Following is the error I am getting:
make -f makefile
ifort -o ./p2s2 -O2 -xW -static -traceback p2s2.o read_spray_data.o sector.o beam.o cylin.o mktrac.o spray_wall.o in_cylin.o wall_evapo.o part.o idle.o drop_evapo.o point_info.o dia_distri.o char_sub.o sector_incylin.o user_func2.o xy-sec_info.o r_info.o gross_evapo.o
ifort: command line remark #10279: option '-xW' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. See '-help deprecated'
ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../..//libm.a when searching for -lm
ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.a when searching for -lm
ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.a when searching for -lm

Please let me know how to resolve this issue. I am new to using linux systems, any help is greatly appriciated, I looked at other threads but didn't get how to change the environment variables.

which ifort
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.5.192/bin/intel64/ifort

Thanks in advance!!

7 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

The commands issued by make show none for compilation and one command for linking, which failed because there is an apparent mismatch between 32-bit and 64-bit objects and libraries.

How were the *.o files compiled? All using Intel Fortran? Some mix of Gcc/GFortran and Intel Fortran? Were they compiled for 32-bit or 64-bit?

Did you use the command environment spawned by running ". /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.5.192/bin/ifortvars.sh ia32"?

Thank you for responding!

How were the *.o files compiled? All using Intel Fortran? - Yes all were complied by Intel Fortran composerxe2011

Were they compiled for 32-bit or 64-bit? - Yes they were complied on 64bit version

I used -> source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.5.192/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

Thanks. It would help if you could display the value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH (type "echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH" in the IFort shell).

Hi Mecej4, thanks a lot!

These are the runtime lib for 2011 version

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/lib/composerxe-2011/intel64

Among the problems would be that a basic CentOS6 installation of g++ would not include the libraries required by your -static option.  If you can build without -static but still want to build with -static, you will need to find corresponding 64-bit .a libraries.

An intermediate choice would be -static-intel, which will choose the static libraries provided with ifort.  Then you could try -static-libgcc which would require .a versions of files which come with g++,

Yup, that was the exact problem thanks all for your help.

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!