Fixed Form Line Length

Fixed Form Line Length

In  VS2008 ,if you set the Fixed Form Line Length to 72 , the text after  column 72  would show in  green and  if you set the Fixed Form Line Length to 132 , the text after  132  would show in green.

In VS2012 text goes green after column 72 BUT the Fixed Form Line Length=132 set in the property pages ( Fortran Tab - Language) is observed - is there any way to get VS2012 to work as VS2008 did and show green text after column 132  ?

Steve

16 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Simply close and reopen the file, or exit VS and restart. It will pick up the setting. This is no change from earlier VS versions.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Hi Steve that did not work - could it be I imported the project from VS2008 and some incompatibility ?

I don't know. Zip up the project and attach it here - I'll take a look.

Hi Steve I have tried an existing project and the .FOR files behave as they should when extending to 132 line lengths - the green text starts at 132 position . My project is huge and it is not possible to sent it - however I can live with the situation

steve

You should be able to just send me the .vfproj project file and one source file that shows the problem.

Hi Steve - find enclosed the two files requested - the WRITE statement in the subroutine shows the problem - and also the "!" comment problem

Anexos: 

AnexoTamanho
Download fontfileerror.for1.02 KB
Download isolib.vfproj504.21 KB

I'm not seeing a problem.

Anexos: 

AnexoTamanho
Download capture.png9.2 KB

I will try and look into this further - and will download the service pack you emnetioned to sort out the "!" comment problem - If i start a new project i do not get the problem

steve

When I loaded the vfproj independantly from the full project - I do not get the 72 position problem

steve

When I loaded the vfproj independantly from the full project - I do not get the 72 position problem

steve

Using just the vfproj file in visual studio  the green chars start at position 132- I then open visual studio and added the sln file and the green chars started at line 72 - here is the sln file

steve

Anexos: 

AnexoTamanho
Download pisodll.sln2.5 KB

The .sln file just lists projects - it can't have any effect on this issue. I note that the source file you provided was not part of the project you supplied, so I wonder if there's an issue with how the project is set up.

I will look into it - when i just load te vfproj file all is well , when i add the .sln the green text starts after character 72

Meanwhile I have atached a zip file of the project - hope you can work from this

steve

Anexos: 

AnexoTamanho
Download 72c.rar2.05 KB

I can open that (once I fix up the path to the source file), but the long line displays correctly for me in VS2012.

Arghh thanks for the replies Steve I can live with it but hopefully sort of solution to the problem will turn up

best regards

Steve

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!