some xblas file compilation using icc 14.0 gets stuck forever

some xblas file compilation using icc 14.0 gets stuck forever

imagem de a.zhaogtisoft.com

Just switch from icc 12.1 to icc 14.0, and trying to build xblas library, the compilation gets stuck on several files.

For example, xblas/src/gbmv2/BLAS_zgbmv2_c_z_x.c will get stuck, and never completed for several hours:
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080/bin/ia32/icc -I/Ydir/savesets/v750/s -I. -I/Ydir/savesets/v750/s/xblas/src -c -fPIC -DGT_DOUBLE_PRECISION -DGTDOUBLE -DCONFIG_FC_UNDERSCORE -DCONFIG_FC_RETURNS_DBL_REAL -O2 -Dlinux -D_ALL_UNIX_  -DGNUC3 -DINTEL_IA32 -o COMMON/obj/BLAS_zgbmv2_c_z_x.o /Ydir/savesets/v750/s/xblas/src/gbmv2/BLAS_zgbmv2_c_z_x.c

There are at least 4 such files in the xblas having similar issue.

I do not think I have seen this using icc 12.1.

Anyone have similar experience? and hopefully work around?

I know someone will advice me to use mkl, but the build is targetting realtime system, I do not want to link with MKL.

5 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Ronald W Green (Intel)

I have transferred this issue to our C++ User Forum for investigation.

ron

imagem de AmandaS (Intel)

I'm building it now. On which other files do you experience the hang? Would you be willing to share your config file? I can see some detials from your compilation options but I want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks,

--Amanda

imagem de Wendy Doerner (Intel)

I have built with your command line and see 18 minute compile. Can you share your configuration file as Amanda asked for (I am working on this issue now). I will try to locate the code causing the long compile and give you a workaround. Do you store the files on a network? You maybe hitting a  performance problem across networks as the compiler will be accessing the files repeatedly.

----

Wendy

imagem de a.zhaogtisoft.com

Sorry, I guess I forgot to subscribe to this thread, never got notification for the questions.

Please see the attached output file for the system load I experienced, and the output of `ps -ef`. I think you can see the XBLAS file names from the output.

Anexos: 

AnexoTamanho
Download output.txt5.64 KB

Faça login para deixar um comentário.