When is _MSC_VER define in 2013 version

When is _MSC_VER define in 2013 version

When is _MSC_VER defined in 2013 version of the C++ compiler ?

10 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
Best Reply

_MSC_VER is always defined whenever you are using our Windows based (icl) compiler. It is set to whatever version of the Microsoft compiler is in your PATH.

If you need a complete list of _MSC_VER values for different MS Visual C++ compilers and Visual Studios take a look at MSDN. If you're unable to find let me know and I will check some headers I have.

@Sergey

How are those header files named?

As far as I can see, MSC_VER is not defined in the Microsoft headers, although many of them check the value.  The presence of a definition is often used to determine that Microsoft CL is present.

Tim is correct. _MSC_VER is predefined by the compiler, not in any header. You can see this with this simple program where cl is pointing at MSVC++ 2008 (microsoft_version 1500):

!% cat t.cpp

_MSC_VER
!% icl -E t.cpp
Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version Mainline Bet
a Build x
Built Nov 20 2013 11:49:27 by jward4 on JWARD4-DESK in D:/workspaces/cfe/dev
Copyright (C) 1985-2013 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

t.cpp
#line 1 "t.cpp"

!%

>>@Sergey
>>
>>How are those header files named?

Sorry, I didn't understand what do you mean...

Sorry for badly formulated question.

I wanted to ask what is the name of those header files which were mentioned in your post.

>>...I wanted to ask what is the name of those header files which were mentioned in your post.

This is an internal header file and in another words it is a proprietary. However, _MSC_VER version codes are Not proprietary and available to everybody ( Microsoft shares it freely ).

I have found the needed info on MSDN.

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!