XEffort library issues

XEffort library issues

I have been using XEffort for some years, and without making any changes to my code or to the libraries, since updating to the latest SP1 of XE Studio, I am now seeing a range of errors which have me mystified.

1. I have been using USE XFTSTrings,only : XToUpper, XEnvironmentString

Now, this won't link, and I need to USE XFTFile to get XEnvironmentString

2. My main program will no longer link, as I am getting an unresolved external _XINIT in WinMain@16 (my XINIT subroutine is still in the source and is compiling, but is not found at link time).

What has changed to cause these errors, particularly 2? My source code and source libraries have not been changed.

Thanks,

David

28 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

The Linker issue appears to be in the instructions

!DEC$IF (_DF_VERSION_.GE.650)

!DEC$ATTRIBUTES DEFAULT, DECORATE, ALIAS: 'XINIT':: XInit

!DEC$ELSE

!DEC$ATTRIBUTES ALIAS: '_XINIT@12':: XInit

!DEC$ENDIF

Which fail with XE 2013 SP1, but worked previously - I guess relying on a DF version number is rather unsafe :-(

BTW, is there a current repository for the XEffort libraries? xeffort.com seems to have gone!

Thanks,

David

This is a message to Steve Lionel,

is it possible that there will be a place for the Xeffort libary some where on the intel webpage?

Thanks in advance
Frank

Hello David,

is your statement only true for the new IVF version? Which version you have used before? Using ivf 12.1.6.369 xeffort works for me.

For me this would mean no update towards ivf 14 at the moment.

Frank

The problem here is the use of _DF_VERSION, which we no longer define. We use __INTEL_COMPILER. You could add /D_DF_VERSION=650 to your compiles and it should work. As for keeping a copy of Xeffort, is Jugoslav Dujic no longer maintaining his site for that?

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Steve,

as far as I can see Xeffort.com site no longer exists, so don't know what the future of the Xeffort libraries is.

David

Hmm. I will write Jugoslav and see if I can offer to host the files.

Citação:

Steve Lionel (Intel) escreveu:

Hmm. I will write Jugoslav and see if I can offer to host the files.

This will be appreciated very much!

Neels

Steve,

Any luck contacting Jugoslav?

Neels

Yes - he is going to transfer everything to me and I will host it somewhere (haven't decided where yet.) The xeffort.com domain is no longer available, so it will be somewhere else. I am pretty piled up the next few weeks, but I will get it sorted out as soon as I can.

I have the files, but doing anything with them will have to wait until I return from Supercomputing. Initially I will upload the site contents to a new domain and will then look at updating the library for current Intel Fortran.

Great, thanks Dr. Fortran, you reanimated xeffort!

Thanks,

an update will be perfekt.

Frank

Ok - Xeffort is back online at xeffort.info - note the new domain. Jugoslav let the old one expire but it is not currently available for reregistering.

The site is pretty much as Jugoslav left it, except that the forum is lost. At some point I'll see about building a 64-bit version, but feel free to let me know of things you want looked at. I will start a new forum when I get the chance.

So is anyone using this?

Xeffort or the Xeffort forum?

I use Xeffort extensively but never used the forum, I did on occasion read it.

I am of the opinion Intel should merge Qwin and Xeffort.

Neels

Hello Steve,

i am using XEffort since many years.
An update of the install routine towards the current IVF-version would be perfect. Also would an update to the 64bit environment be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Frank

I have been using Quickwin for about 2 years. I was aware of Xeffort but was somewhat disappointed, when I went there, that none of the routines seemed very useful to me--or perhaps it was simply not clear what they did. Maybe a matter of salesmanship or marketing?

So, I am asking if any of the present users of this library would care to list their most-used routines and why; a brief description of how you benefit from them?

dboggs, you do realize that Xeffort is a free library created by Jugoslav Dujic, right? I am not sure what "salesmanship or marketing" has to do with it.

Hello dboggs,

it is many years ago that i decided to use Xeffort. Xeffort was and is a free library which follows closer my way of programing. Based on the examples is was easy for me to build win32 applications. As far as i can understand Jugoslav have added several procedures to make certain tasks easier. Due to the fact, that i haven’t used the standard way for at least 4 years, i am not able to remember what it was.

What do I use normally: dialog item interactions, painting.

I have used Visual Basic for MS Excel and MS Access before changing to Fortran. I still remember that there I had a better way of programming dialog item interactions. In my point of view there is still a lot of place for improvement of the visual part of IVF.

Frank

Steve: yes I am aware that Xeffort is a private, free library. I was not implying that Intel marketing was involved; I meant to convey a certain "absence of marketing" that is inherent in such things. Better put, it was simply not apparent to me, upon casual reading through the web site, what the useful routines for me might be.

Citação:

Steve Lionel (Intel) escreveu:

The problem here is the use of _DF_VERSION, which we no longer define. We use __INTEL_COMPILER. You could add /D_DF_VERSION=650 to your compiles and it should work. As for keeping a copy of Xeffort, is Jugoslav Dujic no longer maintaining his site for that?

Steve,

I have just updated to "Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 14.0.3.202 [IA-32]" and I am getting the same "WinMain@16" error. I have added the "/D_DF_VERSION=650" in the command line option but it does not solve the issue. Any suggestions?

I rebuild both Xeffort and my project.

"error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _XINIT referenced in function _WinMain@16    Xeffort.lib(EXWinMain.obj)    "

Neels

Neels, I think that's a separate issue. That suggests your program is not structured as a "Windowing application" with a WinMain entry point.

Steve,

It is a dialog based application created using the Xeffort wizard. It worked fine in CVF and IVF up to XE 13.--- but not in XE14.---. Other than that I have no idea.

Neels

Neels,

In my applications (not tested in XE 14), I do not use any command line options like yours, but in my source for XINIT have removed all refereces to DF:

LOGICAL FUNCTION XInit(szCmdLine,nCmdShow)

!DEC$ATTRIBUTES DEFAULT, DECORATE, ALIAS: 'XINIT':: XInit

Not sure if this is helpful.

David

Thanks David,

After reading Steve's comment I had a look at the XInit function and realized it still has the !IF statement in that tested for he old compiler version. Commenting all out except the line you show solved the issue. A case where knowing the answer made me understand the advice given.

neels

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!