Unable to install HAXM

Unable to install HAXM

imagem de Ghanashyam S

On my Laptop (Lenovo X1 Carbon), though I have enabled Virtualization in the BIOS, I am unable to install HAXM. I get the error message - This Computer does not support Virtualization Technology (VT-x). Any help/suggestion appreciated.

11 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Gatej Constantin (Intel)

Can you please tell what operating system are you running?

Also try this if you are running windows from vista up: run a terminal as adminmitrator.

In that terminal type bcdedit /set nx AlwaysOn and reboot the system

imagem de Ghanashyam S
Best Reply

Gatej,

I am trying to install on Windows 8.1

I figured out what the issue was. If Hyper-V Platform is installed on the machine, it blocks other apps from using the VT-x feature of the processor. Once I uninstalled Hyper-V, I was able to install HAXM.

Anexos: 

AnexoTamanho
Download hyper-v.png17.57 KB
imagem de JudLup Luna

Hi, can you to install a virtual machine for install and run your software, is the easiest solution.

JudLup Luna
imagem de Andy F.

@JudLup: That's what he's doing - but with Hyper-V blocking VT-x the VM won't run...

imagem de JudLup Luna

mmm friend, in your setup Bios, i believe that exist a option to enable and disable this characters on you pc, if you want you can see if this is enable or disable, other option is update your Bios Software.

JudLup Luna
imagem de Andy F.

No - Hyper-V settings are definitely NOT in a PCs BIOS. Each Hyper-V VM has it's own vm-BIOS (which has nothing to do with your hardware's native BIOS).

imagem de JudLup Luna

mmmm friend then I not might help you, i don't know more about this. I wait that you will find help with this theme.

JudLup Luna
imagem de Ghanashyam S

@JudLup Luna, @Andy - Thanks for the suggestions.

As I mentioned, the only option is to disable the Hyper-V which I have already done (Snapshot attached with my post). Just posted the message on this forum so that it might help other looking on this forum.

imagem de Kchink 1.

@Ghanashyam S - Thanks for your post. I had the exact same issue. As you advised, disabling Hyper-V worked for me on Win 8.1 Pro, on my ASUS G750JH ROG laptop

On a side note - I tried stopping and disabling (from services.msc) the only "running" Hyper-V service first, but this did not help. Hyper-V seems to want exclusive control. I had to do exactly as you advised to get it working, and disable Hyper-V using the "Turn Windows Features On or Off" option from within Control Panel.

imagem de Josh Bancroft (Intel)

You are correct - Client Hyper-V has to be disabled in order for HAXM to work. Hyper-V wants exclusive access to the VT-x capability of the hardware, and I haven't seen a configuration that allows them both to work at the same time.

Faça login para deixar um comentário.