Documentation missing in IVF14

Documentation missing in IVF14

imagem de rase

When I click on "Help/Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE2013 SP1/Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1 Help", a window with the title "Microsoft Help Viewer 2.0 - Visual Studio 2012" appears, with the comment INTEL.FOR.MAIN_COVER_XE14, and the message "No results found" (in German). What did I do wrong installing VS2012 and IVF14? Any suggestions? How can I get back the Fortran and C/C++ docs?

System environment: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 (German)

5 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Steve Lionel (Intel)

In Visual Studio, select Help > Add and Remove Help Content. Click on Installation Source > Disk, Use the ... button and browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\Documentation\msvhelp\1033\compiler_f  Select helpcontentssetup.msha and click Open. Then back at the previous screen, click Add next to the Fortran entry. Repeat the seach for other .msha files under msvshelp\1033. When you have them all, click Update.

Let me know if this works for you.

Steve
imagem de rase

Steve, I followed your instructions. Certain help files were installed. When I click in the Help menue the entry "Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1 Help" the window with the title "User and Reference Guide for the Intel®FortranCompiler 14.0" appears. When I click "Start here" the next window with "Parent topic: User and Reference Guide for the Intel® Fortran Compiler 14.0" appears. The child topics have nothing to do with the reference manuals. When I click the title line, the window with the title "User and Reference Guide for the Intel® Fortran Compiler 14.0" appears again. There is probably a circular reference. The issue is a little bit annoying, but I kept my VS2010 with IVF13 and so I am able to consult the manuals from there. We have to wait for the next update, probably. By the way: I installed IVF14 not using the Full Offline Installer Package file (I got error messages), but the Online Installer, both for C/C++ and Fortran.

imagem de Steve Lionel (Intel)
Best Reply

The documentation doesn't get changed in updates.

The "Start Here" link is intended for newcomers who need help getting started - it points to the sections showing how to do builds from VS and the command line (and for OS X, Xcode - we use the same documentation for all platforms.)  The "circular reference" is for the "parent topic" - in other words, up a level. This is correct.

The Start Here topic in the past just led you to a dead-end of generic text about the documentation that didn't help new users.

What you may want to do is on the left bottom select Contents, then you can drill down the topics as needed. Or use the Index which is pretty good (though not perfect.)

Steve
imagem de rase

Thanks a lot, Steve, with your help I found the appropriate menus and buttons in the help viewer. Everything is fine again.

Faça login para deixar um comentário.