Consistent device ordering from clGetDeviceIDs?

Consistent device ordering from clGetDeviceIDs?

imagem de Sean S.

Hi,

When I run a basic OpenCL hello world on my Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU containing Intel HD Graphics 4000, I query and select the Intel platform, then query the devices and select the first device, and proceed.  I just noticed this for the first time, but on some runs I get the CPU, and on others I get the GPU.  Is that to be expected?  What are the rules regarding this behavior, as I don't see it discussed in the OpenCL specification.  I guess that devices may not be consistently ordered between application executions (as I'm witnessing), but I'm concerned that within an application if the order could change unexpectantly.  Would someone please clarify this for me?

Thanks!

5 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Raghu Muthyalampalli (Intel)

We are aware of the issue and it will be fixed in a future release and will notify here.

Raghu

imagem de Sean S.

Hi,

With the release of the Intel OpenCL SDK R3, can you confirm if this issue has been resolved or not?  My quick test doesn't show the issue anymore, but I'd like a more concrete answer.

Thanks!

imagem de Sean S.

I can confirm this is still an issue with CL_DRIVER_VERSION 10.18.10.3345.

imagem de Maxim Shevtsov (Intel)

Generally, it is better to rely on the Device Type (clCreateContextFromType), not the device order.

Faça login para deixar um comentário.