Exit Code

Exit Code

Hello,

I am running VTune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 14. Are the meanings of exit-code values of amplxe-cl similar to that of Inspector?

Thanks,

Frankie

13 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

What is the exit code(value)?

Hello iliyapolak,

Exit code value is 4. And that means "Application returned a non-zero exit code.", according to Intel Inspector. So I wonder if I should see the exit code from VTune Amplifier the same way as Intel Inspector.

Frankie

Use option "-return-app-exitcode" to know application' exit code. For example:
amplxe-cl -collect concurrency -return-app-exitcode -- C:\test\sample.exe

Follow Peter's advise.

Hello,

Unfortunately that's not what I am asking about. I would like to know how to interpret the exit code of amplxe-cl itself.

Referring to Intel Inspector Help, there is a 'Command Line Output' : 'Exit Code' section. Is the VTune Amplifier following the same rule described there?

Thanks,

Frankie

There is no exit code check for amplxe-cl itself...can you use "amplxe-cl -command status -r result-dir" for a running collection?

Hi Peter,

I would like to check the status of the amplxe-cl, similar to this for Intel Inspector

The inspxe-cl command returns the following exit codes:

0 Success and no new problems detected
1 Usage error
2 Internal error
4 Application returned a non-zero exit code
8 At least one new problem detected
12 Application returned a non-zero exit code and at least one new problem detected

It would be useful for automation. From what I see, it is already returning some of the above, but I cannot be sure without the stated documentation.

Frankie

There is no description in doc of VTune Amplifier, it is not guaranteed all return exit code can be used. Do you hope it could be a new feature request? I don't think that it can be used without doc declaration. I can help to escalate this to dev team.

Hi Peter,

That would be great. Thanks!

Frankie

I have reported this to dev team. I will post if any progress.

The following error codes are valid for Amplifier (amplxe-cl) if option -return-app-exitcode is not specified:

0 Success
1 Usage error
2 Internal error
4 Application returned a non-zero exit code

5 Application returned a non-zero exit code and Usage error

6 Application returned a non-zero exit code and Internal error

Thank you for the information.

Frankie

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!