Non-compatible version of fortran libifcore DLL was loaded to process address space.

Non-compatible version of fortran libifcore DLL was loaded to process address space.

I have a user getting the "Non-compatible version of fortran
libifcore DLL was loaded to process address space." message at random times when running an executable that is recompiled and linked for each run, but with identical code for each run, just slightly modified data that gets loaded.  It doesn't happen for every run, only about 10-20% of the runs. The really strange thing is doing a windows explorer search on the machine only finds these variants:

Any idea why he randomly gets this error?

7 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Does this program use any of the portability library (IFPORT) routines? 32-bit or 64-bit?  Why you would see this randomly, I have no idea, but I note that you are reporting other random oddness in your other recent thread, so I wonder if there is some connection with the environment you have.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

It does use IFPORT and is a 64 bit application.  I have seen other instances of this error, but always because there were multiple versions on a machine and it would pick up an incompatible version from an older compiler.  THe strange thing here to me is there is only one installation of the compiler. 

I think this has to do with the way the portability library interacts with the "core" Fortran library (libifcore). I have an inquiry into the library developers (who are out to lunch right at the moment) to find out just what triggers this message.

Ok, everyone is back from lunch. "This error message is emitted from libifportmd.dll at initialization when an entry point it expects to find in libifcoremd.dll does not exist. To the best of my knowledge, this can happen only when there is a mismatch in versions between libifportmd.dll and libifcoremd.dll. "

This ought to happen 100% of the time or not at all. That you are seeing it randomly suggests to me something external in your system is causing random behavior.

It is something that must occur at run-time, since we can run the same executable from a command prompt that was run by our system, and it will fail in the system, and run fine from the command prompt.  The random part is hard to figure. Like a file is sometimes corrupted.  Could bad memory in a cache cause that kind of issue?

Could be bad memory. I have seen cases where bad drivers corrupt memory. A diagnostic suggestion is to boot the system into "Safe Mode" and see if you can reproduce the problem. This will eliminate a lot of background processes that might be corrupting things.

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!