Troubles with HAXM Installation Workaround Patch

Troubles with HAXM Installation Workaround Patch

Hi,

Sorry to bring this problem back, you probably heard it to many times, but I am simply not able to figure out how to make hexm work on my computer.

After the error "Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver" I followed the instructions for the workaround given in the link below.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2013/04/25/workaround-patch-for-haxm-installation-error-failed-to-configure-driver-unknown

The hax_extract.cmd exits with the following error:

DIFXDRVINSTALL: installing driver package.
LOG: 1, ENTER:  DriverPackageInstallW
LOG: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW  (0xA)
ERROR: failed with error code 0x0000000A
Failed to install driver.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Bernard

AnexoTamanho
Download hax_extract.log1.76 KB
14 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Could you provide some additional info - what CPU, what OS?  What was the error code on the installation you tried before the patch installation?

Thanks for the reply. I have an Intel Core i5-2540M (2.60 GHz) as CPU and use Win7. 

The error on the standard installation was a prompt with the message "Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver", no error code. 

Best Reply

Can you confirm that you tried the right click on the inf file and got the same error?

Right clicking the inf file seemed to solve the problem. Many Thanks

Hi,

I am having the same woes as the original poster. I am on Windows 7 using an i7-2670QM @ 2.2Ghz which through using the Intel Processor Identification Utility, I've confirmed I do have VT-x.

In fact, I was using Haxm 1.08 for a very long time with no issues. However by attempting to upgrade to 1.11 due to Lollipop Android 5.0, I am now in a state where I can't go back to 1.08.

Right-click -> Install on intelhaxm.inf shows a really quick pop up window but no errors.

In the patch, I have tried to run cmd.exe as Administrator. Here is the ouput of that exercise:

DIFXDRVINSTALL:
INFO: Install Option "/i"
INFO: Input file "C:\Users\{winUserNameGoesHere}\AppData\Local\Temp\haxm_extracted\64\Intel\HAXM\intelhaxm.inf"
INFO: Flags 0x0 (0)

When I perform 'sc query intelhaxm', this is the result:

SERVICE_NAME: intelhaxm 
        TYPE               : 1  KERNEL_DRIVER  
        STATE              : 1  STOPPED 
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 2  (0x2)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

When I perform 'sc start intelhaxm', this is the result:

[SC] StartService FAILED 2:

The system cannot find the file specified.

When I perform 'sc stop intelhaxm', this is the result:

[SC] ControlService FAILED 1062:

The service has not been started.

When I goto Start Menu -> Type 'System Information' -> System Summary -> Software Environment -> System drivers, I see it there under intelhaxm

Please help!

When you 'upgraded', did you uninstall the old version first? (and had you stopped the service?) I'd try removing whatever version shows as installed, make sure the old inf is gone and try reinstalling.

In the past when install the latest version of haxm, it warns you have an older version installed, press OK to proceed to continue installing the latest.

In Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features, there is no Intel HAXM anymore to uninstall. So how does one hunt down the old inf?

The only intelhaxm.inf I can find is the one in C:\Users\{winUserNameGoesHere}\AppData\Local\Temp\haxm_extracted\64\Intel\HAXM

Check 'C:\windows\system32\DRVSTORE\intelhaxm_D02BD77EE5919D14FD5C34440081BDB4C4775021\intelhaxm.inf  (I don't know if you're number might differ but you can look for the intelhaxm part) 

and the registry entries HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DIFx\DriverStore\ (see if anything starting with intelhaxm)

plua of course what you have under Program Files\intel] (or PF x86)

1) There isn't any intelhaxm* under DRVStore for me when I checked C:\windows\system32\DRVSTORE

2) I found the registry reference and I deleted it

3) I deleted C:\ProgFiles(x86)\Intel\Download since it had the artifacts created when I ran the Haxm 1.11 installer

4) Rebooted

5) After login, I performed 'sc query intelhaxm', this is still the result:

SERVICE_NAME: intelhaxm 
        TYPE               : 1  KERNEL_DRIVER  
        STATE              : 1  STOPPED 
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 2  (0x2)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

6) I tried re-running Haxm 1.11 installer and still get the same issue "Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver"

I have the exact same problem as Mark.

When installing with the installer I get the error "Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver.

Installing the driver with the command HaxInst64.exe /i intelhaxm.inf 1 I get the following.DIFXDRVINSTALL:

INFO: Install Option "/i"
INFO: Input file "intelhaxm.inf"
INFO: Flags 0x1 (1)

Installing the driver directly with right click on the inf file i get a bit further, but then i get the error that the driver isn´t signed.

I already booted with driver signage check disabled. But I still get that error...

Anything new on this? 

My system definetly supports it. It also passes the haxm cpu check.
(C2Quad Q9400 with Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1)

I was getting the same errors when I tried to install. I ended up running a sfc /scannow from the cmd prompt. After I rebooted I was able to install HAXM without issue.

Justin - YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!! 

sfc /scannow is the solution

What exactly does the sfc /scannow do? I'm trying this now and I hope it works. I've been messing around with this nonsense for nearly 3 hours.

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!