Intel® Software Innovator Program - Overview
We are very pleased to officially announce the Intel® Software Innovator program.
This program supports innovative independent developers who display an ability to create and demonstrate forward looking projects, by providing them speakership and demo opportunities at industry events and developer gatherings. From autonomous robots, to innovative 2nd screen applications, to performance graphic and game systems that go beyond industry standards, Intel Software Innovators demonstrate a spirit of ingenuity, experimentation, and forward thinking that inspire the greater developer community.
Currently, we have dozens of developers engaged in the program across eight countries who will have trained over 20,000 developers within the first year of the program. This program is growing with support for developers in North America, Brazil, Europe, India, Asia Pacific and China.
Recent Innovator Projects and Activity
Who Are Intel Software Innovators?
The requirements to become an Intel Software Innovator are as follows:
- Expertise: The candidate must be a well-regarded developer and demonstrate a strong level of expertise in one or more areas below:
- Android Application Development for x86 devices
- Application development support for depth / gestures with Intel® RealSense™ technology
- Internet of Things projects and inventions using the Intel IoT Developer Kit for Intel Galileo or Intel Edison boards.
- Innovative Work: He or she must have forward-leaning, quality projects or demos that leverage current Intel technologies in at least one of the above expertise areas.
- Engaging Presenter: The innovator must be an effective and cooperative presenter with experience in speaking/demoing and responding to a live developer audience (trade shows, meetups, webinars, hackathons, codefests, social media, etc.).
In return, our program will provide these developers the designation of Intel Software Innovator and we will work to get them in front of developers to showcase their work. Additionally contributing as an innovator can earn developers recognition and consideration for Intel Black Belt Software Developer status.