Accessing Microsoft Windows* 8 Desktop Sensors
Features / Description
This sample demonstrates how Windows 8 Desktop applications can use the sensors that are available in Intel® Ultrabook™ PCs and tablets. The sample consists of two projects, the Sensor Manager and Windows Sensors. The Sensor Manager library is an interface to get the required data from the sensors. It was designed to be standalone, and has already been integrated into 3rd party game titles. The Windows Sensors project is a very simple 3D “game” demonstrating how to use the library.
- Ultrabook™ with touch/sensor functionality
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 or better suggested
- GPU: Microsoft DirectX* 9c capable graphics card
- OS: Microsoft Windows* 7 or Microsoft Windows* 8 (x64 recommended)
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM or better
Software requirements for binary:
- Redistributables: Microsoft Visual C++* 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 or x64), DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
Software requirements for building:
- Compilers supported: Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010 w/ SP1, Microsoft Visual Studio* 2012, Intel® C++ Compiler version 11
- Libraries required: Microsoft DirectX* SDK (June 2010)
This software is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries (Burma, Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) or to persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports (including Denied Parties, Specially Designated Nationals, and entities on the Bureau of Export Administration Entity List or involved with missile technology or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons).